Whoop! Whoop!!

Options
sonya11
sonya11 Registered Posts: 27 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
So after waiting 5 weeks and 4 days (longest of any exams) I got my business tax result on Friday - competent!!

So that's me all done without failing any exams!

So happy!

Comments

• SamiH
    SamiH Registered Posts: 179 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Brilliant news Sonya, congratulations :D
  • Clarekaye
    Clarekaye Registered Posts: 307
    Options
    Well done you! :thumbup1:
    What you going to do next? (apart from enjoying the sunshine)
  • sonya11
    sonya11 Registered Posts: 27 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options

Probably CIMA but need to find a job that will support me as I can't afford it on my own. Working as a temp at the mo but have a job interview this afternoon for a permanent role as a cost accountant.
  • Sam22
    Sam22 Registered Posts: 117 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I'm just about to start level 4. Would you mind telling me if I can take exams whilst still waiting for other exam results. I want to get this level done by the new year and with a 5 week wait on exam results it will take longer than that if you have to wait around for results before moving on...

Congratulations as well :)
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Sam22 wrote: ยป
    I'm just about to start level 4. Would you mind telling me if I can take exams whilst still waiting for other exam results. I want to get this level done by the new year and with a 5 week wait on exam results it will take longer than that if you have to wait around for results before moving on...

Congratulations as well :)

Hello Sam

You can sit any exam at Level 4 whilst waiting for results as long as it is not an exam you have already sat and are currently awaiting the results for.

Good luck with Level 4.

JC :o
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Sam22
    Options
    Thanks Jo!! Exactly what I wanted to hear. Now just to get my head stuck into the books!!
  • Jo Clark
    Options
    You're welcome Sam... so which module are you going to do first?
    Benjamin Franklin
  • ackeeandsaltfish
    ackeeandsaltfish Registered Posts: 11 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    Congrats Sonya I hope you get the job and well done on completing L4 Just started my level 4 this week after completing L3 last Friday Doing FNST as i ended on AP1 and AP2
  • Sam22
    Options
    You're welcome Sam... so which module are you going to do first?

I'm starting with budgeting. I'm also going to make a start on the ICAS projects I've heard it can take a while to complete. For all the other units, I'm aiming to do one exam a month..

Have you got any tips for this level?
  • Jo Clark
    Options
    Sam22 wrote: ยป
    I'm starting with budgeting. I'm also going to make a start on the ICAS projects I've heard it can take a while to complete. For all the other units, I'm aiming to do one exam a month..

Have you got any tips for this level?

Work hard and don't be afraid to ask questions :o Enjoy, level 4 is great, hard work but worth it! Do you know what optional modules you will do?
    Benjamin Franklin
  • rarabrown
    rarabrown Registered Posts: 3 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    Hi,

I am just about to start level 4. How long would you say it takes to complete if doing it via distance learning?

Thanks
  • Jo Clark
    Options
    Hi,

I am just about to start level 4. How long would you say it takes to complete if doing it via distance learning?

Thanks

I think there are many factors you need to consider, for example, do you work either full time/part time, what other commitments do you have, how many hours can you spare.

You also need to consider you ability to teach yourself the syllabus and understand it before sitting the exams. Are you planning to study more than one module at a time.

I think you could possibly study Level 4 over 4-8 months depending how long you spend on ICAS which you will need a training provider for and allowing the 'up to 6 weeks' wait for exam results.

As a rough guide I have listed how long I spent on level 4 below:-

Financial Statements - 6 weeks
    Budgeting - 3 weeks
    Financial Performance - 4 weeks
    Personal Tax - 3 weeks
    Business Tax - 4 weeks
    ICAS (The Project) - 12 weeks

The above may or may not seem like a lot/little to some - however I worked full time and the rest of my spare time, evenings and weekends were spent studying... and it paid off with first time passes in all modules.

I'm sure there will be other responses to your question as we all study differently and have different ideas/suggestions etc.

Good luck and enjoy level 4.

JC :)
    Benjamin Franklin
  • rarabrown
    rarabrown Registered Posts: 3 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    Thanks for the response JC.

I work full time and would be aiming to do between 15-20 hours a week study.

I have just finished level three, which took me about 5-6 months studying about 5 hours a week

Looking forward to finishing the AAT and moving onto the next stage.
Privacy Policy