FP results wait!!!:-( last exam!!

Sammys1987
Sammys1987 Registered Posts: 57 Epic contributor 🐘
Hi,

Does anyone know how long exams r taking? I sat mine on 3rd July it's my last exam I failed it a year ago and def sure I've failed again as I revised so much but half the questions that came up I had never seen before!! I was so confident going into exam but so disheartened when I came out!!
Does anyone recommend me booking a new exam for the 6 week time after my result is posted as I want to get it over with so I can start CIMA.:-(( the wait is so agonising!!

Thanks in advance!!

Comments

• Dahir Ahmed
    Dahir Ahmed Registered Posts: 63 Epic contributor 🐘
    Hi
    It can take up to 6 weeks for your result to be posted.

I think you'll be better off waiting. Hopefully, you'd have passed.
  • Clarekaye
    Clarekaye Registered Posts: 307
    3rd July! You have a little while yet Sammy, I took my FNST on 10th June and am hoping to hear late this week early next.
    Also I dont think you can book the same exam while your waiting for some results, there is a post on it somewhere, if you took another one and the first one came back a competent and the second didnt where would you stand.
    Fingers crossed for you :)
  • Sammys1987
    Thank u!! I hope u pass too ;-) I know I have ages to wait. Probably another 4 weeks I would have thought. I have has some results back at 3 weeks 5 days!! Would be nice if was same for last result. I wasn't going to retake exam till my results were published, but was going to book exam for after result comes through so I don't have to wait 4/5 weeks to retake!! But still going to keep studying now until I get the result so it's stil fresh in my mind :-)
  • missm4ry4m
    missm4ry4m Registered Posts: 177 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    FNPF usually take up to 6 weeks fully!!
  • Sammys1987
    I did think that was the case!! It's just annoying the waiting when I want to register with CIMA ASAP and start studying but can't until I get this result back incase I've failed and have to retake!:-/
  • Sammys1987
    Hi Clare did you get your results back yet?:-/
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Does anyone recommend me booking a new exam for the 6 week time after my result is posted as I want to get it over with so I can start CIMA.:-(( the wait is so agonising!!

Unfortunately, I don't think you can do this. Sorry. However, if you can, and you subsequently pass, won't you have to forfeit the exam fee? There have been other discussions regarding this.
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Clarekaye
    Thursday I got mine, so 5 weeks and 2/3 days :001_smile:
  • Clarekaye
    I meant weds sorry a day off has confused me!
  • emilygaches5
    emilygaches5 Registered Posts: 63 Epic contributor 🐘
    I took Budgeting (my last exam) 4th July, so keep me posted when you receive your result as mine should hopefully be the next day!

my financial performance exam took 5 weeks to the day to come through.
  • Sammys1987
    Hopefully less than two weeks wait then!! It's going so slow I'm doing everything possible to make the days go quicker by keeping busy!! I will let you know!! Good luck let me know when you get yours!!
  • Sulew17
    Sulew17 Registered Posts: 174 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    I did think that was the case!! It's just annoying the waiting when I want to register with CIMA ASAP and start studying but can't until I get this result back incase I've failed and have to retake!:-/

Although we're also waiting for our last two exam results, FNST & FNPF, (taken 20th & 27th June) one of my friends started her CIMA today through Kaplan. They told her she didn't need to wait for the results and could resit if necessary through them.

Don't know how you were planning on studying CIMA but if you don't need all your results it could be worth registering whenever you want. Good luck - hate all this waiting for results!
  • Sammys1987
    Hi

Thanks for that sulew17. I didn't know you could start it without the results from AAT. I guess you just can't claim exemptions. I'm so excited to start CIMA I'm just fed up of waiting for results. I'm going to do it self study like I did AAT 3&4. I will buy the books now I may aswel start studying now rather than later!!
  • SamiH
    SamiH Registered Posts: 179 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Hi Sammy,

We had CIMA in at work last week, and I asked them near enough the same thing. New student Registration for the May 2014 sittings needs to be done before 31st January 2014, and my final result will be due around that time. (College have us sitting FNPF the week before xmas) and I said that I didnt know if my result would be in before that deadline.

They went away, and sent me an e-mail stating:

I mentioned that we have a very good relationship with AAT which means we offer a genuine β€˜fast-track’ route to AAT students. We prioritise the awarding of their exemptions over any other students, we don’t do this for anyone else!Any new student can expect their exemptions in 3 days. We normally advertise 20 days.

Please see link:

http://www.cimaglobal.com/Study-with-us/Entry-routes/Im-a-member-of-another-professional-body/AAT-Level-4-Diploma-in-Accounting-QCF/

This has replaced the system where we can receive you results and give you exemptions without transcripts, but this works just as well.

If you register next January you will have till the end of February to enter exams, the exam entry is open in March but there is a late entry cost. Saying that you should get your results/transcripts and certificates in plenty of time.

So starting before you results are in shouldn't be an issue, just make sure you register as a student member before their cut off date.. which I am guessing is 31st July for November Exams?

• Sammys1987
    Hi samiH,

Thank you that is really useful to know. I best get a shift on and register then as I was hoping to sit exams in November as I'm on maternity leave until jan and am seriously bored without having any study to do!! I will look at that link now!! Good luck in your exams!!:-)
  • SamiH
  • SamiH
    just found this, looks like I was right about about Nov exam student registration deadline:

Registration deadlines

November 2013 exam deadlines
    • Register as a student : 31 July 2013
    • Register for exam entry: 14 September 2013
  • Sulew17
    Sulew17 Registered Posts: 174 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Good luck Sammy & Sami, hope all goes well. x
  • Sammys1987
    Thanks Sami. I registered with CIMA so I can hopefully take exams in nov, although I'm not buying any books until I get my exam result 13days of waiting left but I'm hoping I get them before the 6 weeks is up!!:-(
  • SamiH
    hopefully you will get the result you are after and then its all systems go!

I'm sure you'll have passed it, and am looking forward to having a "CIMA Buddy" when I start next year :D
Privacy Policy