self employed friend moved to Holland......advice required.

Model500Model500 Settling In NicelyCheshirePosts: 41Registered
I'm after a bit of advice. A self-employed friend moved to Holland in January of this year. She now needs to complete a self assessment tax return for last year (work done in the UK). She is registered for the online service and completed the previous self assessment via that method. However, someone at HMRC advised that she will have to fill in the paper version of the return rather than online now she is abroad. This seems odd to me but then I'm not really familiar with the rules in this instance. Can anyone on this forum advise on this?

If their advice is correct, would an agent still be able to submit online on her behalf?

She has informed HMRC of change of circumstances and will be completing Dutch tax returns going forward.

Any advice much appreciated :-)


Sign In or Register to comment.