What should I do about an item that has not been delivered by the estimated delivery

Options
geek84
geek84 Registered Posts: 568 Epic contributor 🐘
Hi Folks

I bought an ipod through Amazon from an online retailer, and paid by credit card.. This was done on 24th June and the email confirmation stated an estimated delivery date 9th July. However, it still has not arrived.

I sent an email to the retailer (via Amazon website) on 10th July asking the reason for not receiving it, and I received a reply from them requesting that I wait for another week before they inquire with royal mail, since they confirm they have certification of posting it.

Is there anything I can do for the meantime? Can I claim any sort of compensation?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Comments

• blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    So many questions. Was this for a new or used iPod? If new, did the price look ridiculously cheap compared to the high street or other well known online retailers such as Play.com? Did you properly check out the seller before placing your order? Is it being dispatched from China? There are as many rogue traders on Amazon as there are on eBay and fake products from the far East are very common.

Unless you stated "Time is of the essence" on your order then you cannot claim compensation for the late delivery of an iPod. And if it doesn't turn up at all, you * should * be protected by your credit card's own insurance.
  • geek84
    geek84 Registered Posts: 568 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Hi blobbyh

Thanks for your reply.

It is a used ipod. The retailer has emailed me back apologizing for the inconvenience that it is causing me. They said they will either send me a replacement or a refund if it doesn't arrive by Tuesday.
  • Diddy Mau
    Diddy Mau Registered Posts: 238 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Morning Geek.

"I received a reply from them requesting that I wait for another week before they inquire with royal mail, since they confirm they have certification of posting it."

Request a copy of the certification from Royal Mail. If this has been sent via recorded delivery, you can access the information of the parcel via their web-site.
Privacy Policy