PEAF anticlimax

wabisabi
wabisabi Registered Posts: 130 Epic contributor 🐘
Hi everyone

I just thought I'd share my PEAF experience for anyone who has been reading the numerous bad experiences that have been posted recently and is feeling a bit apprehensive.

I sat and passed it comfortably this morning. I think I must have been lucky but I found it very easy - I'd finished in about 20 mins and went back through it a couple of times checking flagged questions and looking out for those "trick" questions which hinge on single word.

I'm grateful to all the people who have posted on this recently because it really scared me into doing some fairly serious study. You can never tell what questions will come up, but the more facts you know the better chance you have. I tried to memorise as much as possible so that I would be able to do the factual questions where there is a clear right / wrong answer.

As well as actively reading the AAT Code and related documents (CPD policy, Disciplinary policy etc) I did all the e-learning stuff on MyAAT numerous times, Osborne's online tests (free), and I self-studied using the Osborne books. I felt that the practice assessments were a fairly good reflection of what came up, but other people have said their exam was completely different from the practice tests. Seems a bit of a lottery in this respect.

I hope this helps anyone else who has still to do it :)

Comments

• SammyRPA
    SammyRPA Registered Posts: 26 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Good to hear wabisabi, well done you :) I've got my re-sit next week, fingers crossed i pass it this time as I was so annoyed with myself for failing first time round!
  • Vlee
    Vlee Registered Posts: 136 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    I'm currently revising for this so thanks for sharing your experience and well done! I got myself wound up about the spreadsheets exam and found it very easy (well I'm still waiting for my result). But better to be over prepared than underprepared and fail.

I studied PEAF a few weeks ago using Kaplan but am revising with Osbourne and will re do all the practice tests and read the code before the exam. I am finding Osbourne is much better than the Kaplan text but I don't think there is anything, so far, that I didn't already know from using Kaplan.
  • Vlee
    I have just finished the Osbourne book so just need to get in those practice tests and read the code, yawn.
  • wabisabi
    Good luck to both of you!
  • Vlee
    Done and passed. A huge relief as I did find it a little tougher than the practice assessments. There were about five questions I was really uming and ahing over and I can't find all the answers even with Google and a copy of the code. One question was a bit too vague and there's definitely a few trick questions to ensure you read the question properly. Good luck anyone taking this exam soon!
  • wabisabi
    Well done, Vlee. I can understand how elated you must be feeling! I was!

I noticed that you are self studying too. Which provider did you use for the spreadsheet exam?

Thanks
  • Vlee
    I used Kaplan. A few people mentioned they were cheapest here - Β£130 plus Β£48 for the exam. They have been really quick at marking, less than two weeks for my provisional pass. The study material isn't great but it depends how well you know excel already. My husband helped when I needed a better explanation - they tell you how to do things but not why. Engage is good and comes with new practice tests, along with the revision guide with five case studies. The AAT practice assessment was very similar to the actual test I did. You do have to book your exam with the provider you choose as the marking is included in the cost, so whichever exam centre is closest may be a factor.
  • cazalino
    cazalino Registered Posts: 44 Epic contributor 🐘
    Well done, i have my exam at 6.15 tonight. Its a tricky one as its not like other exams where you know what you need to be learning. I feel like you have to know everything so am doing some last minute revision.
  • Vlee
    Hopefully you are finished Cazalino. Fingers crossed for another pass on this thread.
  • cazalino
    cazalino Registered Posts: 44 Epic contributor 🐘
    Yay i passed and now finished Level 3 completely
  • wabisabi
    Well done, Cazalino. We're on roll - this is definitely a lucky thread :)
Privacy Policy