Sage on IMac

Options
SharonB
SharonB Registered Posts: 1 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
Has anybody managed to install Sage Instant Accounts 2012 on an IMac please. I need it to complete Computerised Accounting in Level 2. I have been told by Sage to use Bootcamp but I need to buy Windows. Is there anywhere I can get a cheap copy with a student discount ?

Thanks.

Comments

• Sam22
    Sam22 Registered Posts: 117 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Hi SharonB,

I had this problem as well when I did computerised accounts. I spoke to someone in my local apple shop who said that I should buy Parallels - I think that's what it was called. It basically splits your computer and you can either use it as a Mac or Windows, but I'm pretty sure like you say you have to buy Windows.

I personally wouldn't try to buy a cheap copy or download from the internet anything to install on my computer, especially if it's a completely new operating system you're wanting to use, just in case. I was fortunate enough for someone to lend me their windows laptop for me to use whilst completing the unit - would that be an option for you? I found it also made me get through the unit more quickly as I knew I had to give the laptop back.
  • coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Has anybody managed to install Sage Instant Accounts 2012 on an IMac please. I need it to complete Computerised Accounting in Level 2. I have been told by Sage to use Bootcamp but I need to buy Windows. Is there anywhere I can get a cheap copy with a student discount ?

Thanks.

http://www.software4students.co.uk/
Privacy Policy