Advise Please

Options
Blonde Accountant
Blonde Accountant Registered Posts: 86 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi, I am a book-keeper to a one person ltd company. He has an accountant, but he is not happy with them. He is under the impression that he could get better tax savings advise elsewhere. He wants me to set up a meeting for him with an accountant/tax advisor, to see if they can make him better savings than his current accountant. Is this possible whilst he still has an accountant acting for him?:confused1:

Thanks for reading

Comments

• jamesm96
    jamesm96 Registered Posts: 523
    Options
    Hi, I am a book-keeper to a one person ltd company. He has an accountant, but he is not happy with them. He is under the impression that he could get better tax savings advise elsewhere. He wants me to set up a meeting for him with an accountant/tax advisor, to see if they can make him better savings than his current accountant. Is this possible whilst he still has an accountant acting for him?:confused1:

Thanks for reading

Yep, it's absolutely fine. The only no-no is engaging the client and commencing work before you've sent the etiquette letter to check that there are no professional objections to your acting, which there might be (like unpaid fees).

It's a bit like getting a car insurance quote before your existing policy expires.

Cheers,

Mike.
  • deanshepherd
    deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    jamesm96 wrote: »
    It's a bit like getting a car insurance quote before your existing policy expires.

Nice analogy!

I'm going to have to steal that one..
  • jamesm96
    jamesm96 Registered Posts: 523
    Options
    Nice analogy!

I'm going to have to steal that one..

I know, right? All my own work too!
Privacy Policy