Bookkeeping software

emma1801
emma1801 Registered Posts: 55 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi All

Can anyone recommend a reasonable priced Bookkeeping software please ?

Thanks
Em

Comments

• jamesm96
    jamesm96 Registered Posts: 523
    Xero. Or any of the cloud based ones, but Xero gets my vote. Careful with the 'bank feeds' though, banks don't like their customers giving their security details to any 3rd parties!
  • emma1801
    Hi mike

I should have asked for multiple clients.

Thanks
  • jamesm96
    emma1801 wrote: »
    Hi mike

I should have asked for multiple clients.

Thanks

We use Xero for multiple clients; sign up as a Xero Partner and you can then add as many clients as you like. You just pay for each additional client. Also, as a partner, you have access to subscription levels that the business themselves can't access (such as 'Cashbook only' for clients who don't need to use the invoicing / SLC... etc, or 'VAT Cashbook').

It is pricier than the alternatives mentioned above so I guess it depends what you're looking for, but if you just need a VAT cashbook for doing clients' VAT returns and keeping records to pass to the accountant, it's about £9 per month per client, and you don't need to install any software or maintain backups, and you can access it from anywhere - we often use it on iPads on trains.
  • Laura8192
    Laura8192 Registered Posts: 95 Epic contributor 🐘
    I use VT Transaction+ and the Final Accounts package as well, I love it! really easy to use and the help guides are actually helpful!
  • Antoinnette
    Antoinnette Registered Posts: 118 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    VT any day for me :-)
  • emma1801
    Thanks for all the responses.

VT is not compatible on my laptop due to it being a 64bit.

I will look into Xero, sounds promising.
  • Laura8192
    Laura8192 Registered Posts: 95 Epic contributor 🐘
    my laptop is 64bit as well, I think I just had to install the 34bit Excel? I can't remember as it was a while ago, but it is working fine for me.
  • jamesm96
    WHA wrote: »
    I'm running 64bit computers and VT works fine. The issue is with excel - you're fine with older versions of excel as they're 32bit regardless of which computer you're running on. The more recent Excel versions are either 32 or 64 bit - you can choose which you want. If you use the 32 bit version of excel then VT accounts works fine. There's plenty of help on VT's website about this and you can also phone them for advice. So, to clarify, it's not the computer being 64bit that's the problem, it's whether you're running a modern 64bit version of excel that's the issue and that can easily be resolved.

In fact, I've started looking at this myself as I've heard lots of good things about VT. I just had to uninstall 64bit Office and install 32bit; it's only the Excel integration that's the problem, everything else on your machine being 64bit will be fine.
  • burg
    burg Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,441 mod
    I use VTT+ for bookkeeping for basic clients. We then recommend Clearbooks for larger businesses. We are though just looking at introducing Wave for all clients. It seems pretty good and is free as well.
    Regards,

Burg
  • emma1801
    Hi All

I am hoping to change my excel software to a 32bit and try VT for starters.

Thanks.
Privacy Policy