Director Drawings in credit and CT600 online

SussexAccountancy
SussexAccountancy Registered Posts: 28 Epic contributor 🐘
Hi

I have a very small limited company which I am just submitting the online CT600 to both CH and HMRC for CT. (His CT liability is £0)

This year, he has had a couple of small tax rebates from HMRC which have gone into his business bank, which I have entered as Director Drawings in his draft accounts to get signed off.

Now I'm submitting the CT600, and am unsure which box to put these monies (only £335!) - if he owed the company money he would have to declare it in another form, but obviously he doesn't need to pay tax as they are both personal tax rebates - he just got them paid into his personal business account.

Help! It seems like a very silly, small dilemma but one that I don't want to get wrong.

Thanks

Comments

• Anne Boleyn
    Anne Boleyn Registered Posts: 196 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi

I'm a little confused. If the rebates are personal money which he paid into the companies bank account then it is capital introduced.

However you say he paid them into his "personal business account". So if you could clarify what the rebates were for and which account they were paid into - personal or company it will be easier to advise.
  • SussexAccountancy
    SussexAccountancy Registered Posts: 28 Epic contributor 🐘
    Hi

Apologies - it was late in the evening when I wrote this post! The personal tax rebates (ie: tax rebates from his self assessment) got paid by HMRC into his business account. Hope this makes more sense now!

Thanks
  • Anne Boleyn
    Anne Boleyn Registered Posts: 196 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi
    As I said before, this is capital introduced into the company from the director and should be credited to the DLA.

Hope this helps
Privacy Policy