Appointment new director and issue of shares - Easy Peasy!

Options
JamesB
JamesB Registered Posts: 51 Epic contributor 🐘
Hi all, hope we are well.

Really straight forward question I hope, but as I have never had to do this before I want to make sure I get it right first time.

Company formed with one director:
no shares issued £100
amount paid up on each share £1
amount unpaid £0
Aggregate nominal value of issued £100

Sole director now wants to appoint husband as director and give him 50 shares so they are equal shareholders.

I know I need to print off and fill in AP01 form appointment new director from co house.

What else needs to be done in terms of forms etc.

I have googled it and came across a few different forms but really want to make sure I fill out the correct one's etc.

Any advice will be much, much appreciated.
Regards,
JB

Comments

• deanshepherd
    deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    No need to print form, it can be done online.

You have two choices. Existing shareholder can sell or gift 50% of existing shareholding or company can issue 100 more shares.
  • JamesB
    JamesB Registered Posts: 51 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Thanks for reply,

I done online form for appointment of director but couldn't see a form for new/gift of shares.

Could you point me in the right direction on what I need to do for gift of shares?
    thanks so much in advance.
    J
  • deanshepherd
    deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    For a gift of shares you will just need a stock transfer form. No need to submit to Companies House. Just update the shareholdings on next Annual Return. If Google doesn't throw one up email me and I will send you one.

Form SH01 is for allotting further shares which I assume can be filed online.
Privacy Policy