AAT AQ2013 - CBAs Style and Pass Mark

Jo Clark
Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
Hello All

Although I have completed AAT and have an understanding of the transition between 2010 and 2013 and the what modules makes up each 'new' Level 2, 3 and 4, I am interested to know how the new CBAs will be marked/scored.

I understand that there is no longer a Part 1 and Part 2. Is it still 70% overall to pass or has this been increased/decreased? Will all CBAs now have a written element from Level 2 so that there are no shocks/surprises when a Level 4 CBAs and ICAS are taken?

Look forward to hearing from anyone who has further details.

Thanks.

JC :o
~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
Benjamin Franklin

Comments

• amurray
    amurray Registered Posts: 304 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Hi Jo,

This is something I'd be interested to know also. I've just taken out L3, and have CMPA on L2 to complete.

Rgds.
    MAAT, AATQB, MICB PM.Dip.
    Completed AAT in March 2020
  • zippi
    zippi Registered Posts: 182 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    I am not aware of any major changes other than cash management being moved to level 4 as an optional unit. When directed by a member of sales team from bpp to buy books for AQ2013, when I looked at level 3 there were only 5 topics being offered. No cash management or excel.

There is only 1 AP book and another one is named as sole trader and partnership. Not sure about the rest.
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Thanks Zippi

I think the CBA format is changing, no part 1 and part 2... Just wondered if anyone had further details.

JC
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • zippi
    zippi Registered Posts: 182 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    When I spoke to AAT, they did not mention any other thing except Cash management. I guess, we will have to wait until September and then find out!
  • Jane Hasler
    Jane Hasler Registered Posts: 15 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Hi all

Hopefully I can help a little here with some information that we have received so far.

The AAT are introducing some changes to their assessments and have taken student and training provider feedback into consideration. The main changes include:

β€’ a single section for the grading of each assessment rather than 2 sections
    β€’ restructuring of tasks and the distribution of marks
    β€’ they will provide the maximum marks for each task for assessments that are set and marked by AAT.

These changes will only apply to AQ2013 AAT assessments.

There will be 20 assessments across the three levels of the AAT Accounting Qualification, including the five options at Level 4 . Students will have to complete 17 of these assessments successfully. This is one less than they have to complete in the current qualification as there are now 6 units instead of 7 at level 3 (as Cash Management has been moved from level 3 to level 4 options). The competency level is still set at 70%.

I hope this helps.
Privacy Policy