The Members in Practice application process

Options
M Riley
M Riley Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
Hi,

I just want to find out about the whole member in practice application process. For those of you who have experience this process, I would really appreciate it if you could give me any information that will help me when applying for my MIP registered status, within the next week or so.

I have read up on what is required and feel I have met all the requirements to be given the MIP status but if anyone could give me any guidance on what can help make the process as smooth as possible it would be a great help.

Many thanks,

M
Many thanks and kind regards,

Mike

Comments

• Model500
    Model500 Registered Posts: 43 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Hi M,

I have just had my (registered) application accepted and I have to say I'm delighted!

I spent quite a bit of time on ensuring my CV and CPD records were up to date as you will need to provide these as evidence. I also spent a lot of time thinking about the services I want to offer to clients and whether I really had the experience and up to date knowledge to provide each of the services.
    If you are confident you meet all the requirements, then the application form should be a doddle for you.

I was asked for more in-depth information on a few things such as work experience in certain areas, and CPD activities/plans etc which I was able to answer easily but also made me realise i had missed things off my current year CPD and made me think a bit harder about next years CPD plan too.

Just be realistic and take time over the application, make sure you enclose all the required documentation and your application fee and leave it to the MIP team to come back to you. Oh and get your professional indemnity insurance sorted out.

The hard work begins now for me :-)

Good luck!
  • Londina
    Londina Registered Posts: 814 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    I'm finding the whole MIP thing quite confusing at the moment! Why did they create two types (registered and licensed) and how come some people can still provide some bookkeeping services without being an MIP or fully qualified AAT? What about when you are a contractor working for companies, do you need to become an MIP for that?
    I don't see straight forward information in the AAT website, just the long chuck list of the regulations and about CPD.
Privacy Policy