AAT in record time.

Spamkebab
Spamkebab Registered Posts: 233 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
Hi Gang, nope it's not about me lol, i wish

Anyway, i'm sure i read about someone who had completed all 3 levels of AAT in a very very short space of time. I think it was last year when i read the article, if anyone has any info or a link i'd be grateful as it's doin my head in now lol.

Thanks

Comments

• CeeJaySix
    CeeJaySix Registered Posts: 645
    Yep there was definitely a girl last year who completed it in 11 months, she was Premier Training's student of the year or something - maybe try their website?
  • Spamkebab
    Yeah i know about Premiers student, very good going. I thought i read about another student who did it in less time, i must have been mistaken.
    Thanks anyway CeeJay
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I'm sure I read recently that NPS completed it in 6 months ... please correct me if I'm wrong NPS :001_tongue:
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Spamkebab
    All 3 levels in 6 months Jo? that would be supersonic study.
  • Jo Clark
    Yes Neil - NPS is very impressive and I really enjoy reading her posts ... she also sat and passed 3 papers at the last ACCA sitting :001_tongue:

I'm not sure if NPS actually sat the CBAs for level 2 but seem to recall that she studied them in preparation for level 3. Also, I hope I don't offend or embarass NPS, but she had a little free time on her hands to complete some of AAT before but now has a full time job as well as being a mum etc. and still manages to help numerous students on here whilst continuing with her studies ... an amazing lady! [NPS - please correct this posting if I have the timings of your study wrong].

What I think is important in the overall scheme of things is that students understand what they are learning and can apply that in a practical situation. Learning to pass the exams and complete AAT 'supersonic' would not be of any benefit to anyone if they don't actually understand what they have learnt.
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Nps
    Nps Registered Posts: 782
    Well all I can really say in response to that is :blush: ! (That's a blush by the way!)
  • Jo Clark
    but I got the details factually correct NPS?

How is the new job going?
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Nps
    Nps Registered Posts: 782
    Thank you Jo for that glowing post (I'll be adding you as a reference on my next CV!)

But yes, the timings are fairly spot on. I started in about April 12, by reading the level 2 books. I then sat my level 3 exams in May and June. Did one (or two, can't remember) level 4 exams in June. Got my first level 4 result on the day I gave birth in July, had a bit of time off and then took my last level 4 exams. I think I got my last results in Oct so must have taken them in Aug/early Sep. Unfortunately ICAS was the spanner in the works as my tutor kept each submission for weeks before marking it, then it took ages to be actually verified. But yes, essentially 6 months from start to finish, with a a bit of 'maternity leave' in the middle. I wasn't working though (well, not paid work) as I was at home with my toddler.

I then did 2 ACCA exams a few weeks later (not really new material, more a big revision of the whole AAT syllabus), then another ACCA exam in that December sitting.

But I did have my reasons for rushing. I'm 37 and didn't really envisage a career change this late in life but being a mum of 2 and a police officer is not a great combination so something had to change. I wanted to have as many exams under my belt as possible before my maternity leave finished, as I needed to be confident I could find a good job before I could risk giving up my good police wage.

Despite all of that though, I'm 3 weeks into my new job and realise that I know nothing!! Real life and exam world are two entirely different things!
Privacy Policy