Comments

• Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Yes :o
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • anniebabe
    anniebabe Registered Posts: 595 Epic contributor 🐘
    if you do extra units - what are the exemptions? does anyone know?
    I have already done both tax units - is it worth doing the others?
  • Nps
    Nps Registered Posts: 782
    Off the top of my head, I can't think of any qualification which gives exemptions for the audit paper or the credit one. The best paper for exemptions is Business Tax as it gives one exemption in ATT.

The optional modules don't give any further exemptions in ACCA (but help!)

EDIT - just looked at ACA, and I'm wrong about the optional audit paper - it does give an exemption in ACA, as does business tax and personal tax (if you do them both).
  • anniebabe
    thanks Nps, I was looking to do the ACCA next so it will probably be best for me to just move on, I think, maybe.
  • Nps
    If you've done the tax units, then you've already given yourself a great head start for F6. If you're not starting ACCA straight away but won't to study something in the meantime, then perhaps look at doing the AAT audit module (even if you don't actually sit the exam) as it will give you a head start when you do F8.
  • anniebabe
    Hi again, yes I passed both tax units, really enjoyed doing it. just need to do my ICAS but cant start with BPP till end of Sept as they were booked up, will have to fund ACCA myself and that thought is holding me back a little.
    If the audit module would help, maybe I should consider doing that.
  • Nps
    Personally I wouldn't bother if you are self funding and in no particular rush. F8 assumes no prior knowledge, so although the AAT audit module would give you a head start, it's all covered at ACCA level anyway, so you'd just be paying for it twice. There's nothing to stop you buying the F8 text book and starting to read it before you officially start ACCA if you don't want to lose momentum whilst doing ICAS. I can't see that F8 would change dramatically from year to year so the knowledge wouldn't become out of date.
  • Rachetman
    Rachetman Registered Posts: 57 Epic contributor 🐘
    I know I'm deviating here a wee bit, but can anyone explain me this:

When you pass Business Tax, you're exempt from the Business Tax and Accounting Principles core paper in ATT (Association of Taxation Technicians). However, if you pass Personal Tax, you're NOT exempt from the Personal Taxation core paper.
    Can anyone explain why this is?
  • sharoneyre
    sharoneyre Registered Posts: 28 Epic contributor 🐘
    yes I have done all my levels through college and I am now doing BT as an extra module for personal beneift
Privacy Policy