Credit Management & Control

MissJessRead
MissJessRead Registered Posts: 10 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi,

I failed my business tax exam and am thinking of making it easier on myself (from my point of view) and self teaching the credit management & control module instead of re-sitting the Tax.
Now ive just had a look at the format and my understanding is that the first part is an instant assesment result but the second part is assessed my the college tutor in your own college. Is that right?
I just want to clarify as my tutor that i originally had doesnt teach that module so i may have to go somewhere else to sit Credit Management or re-sit my tax exam.

So frustrated. Just want to get this qualification done now!

Thanks for any info in advanced x

Comments

• Morpheus1980
    Morpheus1980 Registered Posts: 120 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Hi MissJessRead

I did my Credit Management and Contol exam back in April (I think), and it still took around the 6 week mark to get the results. I don't remember it being any different to the other exams I had taken at Level 4 so even if part of it was marked instantly, I didn't get the results until the other part was human-marked.

I think there's a general feeling that the Credit Management and Control exam is easier than the other optional modules, but in my opinion, I found it just as hard as something like Personal Tax. If I were in your shoes, I would get feedback on the areas that let me down in the Business Tax exam, and spend my energies on revising those bits instead of going to the trouble of learning a whole new module from scratch.

You also have to think about whether or not you want to continue your studies, post AAT. If you were thinking of doing something like ACA, doing both tax modules at AAT level will mean that you will be exempt from tax at ACA level.

I wish you lots of luck in whatever you decide to do and sure that it won't be long before you have the magic MAAT after your name!
  • MissJessRead
    Attachment not found.

Thanks for your reply.

Ive already purchased the book and have started looking through it. Its a lot thinner that the business tax book which i liked! Ha! However i'm not adversed to changing my mind again. I just dont want to fail again.

I have had my feedback and it really isnt good. I have attached so you can see quite how bad it was. I've passed every other exam and havent struggled this much on a topic so i feel really put off trying again. I bought the business tax work book, sat 6 past papers and still failed. Trying not to be negative about it all and to just get on with it but struggling a little to dig out any motivation that i used to have prior to Level 4.

Thanks
  • Jules18
    Jules18 Registered, Tutor Posts: 102 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Credit Management

Hi

I think you are incorrect with the current format of Credit Management. Previously it was two discrete exams but currently it is one examination on-line with two parts - they are a mixture of multi-choice and written but the written section is marked by the external examiner therefore you do not get your result for up to six weeks.

Hope this helps.
  • MissJessRead
    Thanks Jules18. I was hoping that would be the case :)

Thanks

Jess
  • sasperella
    sasperella Registered Posts: 54 Regular contributor ⭐
    Thanks Jules18. I was hoping that would be the case :)

Thanks

Jess

Hi Jess I'm in the same situation as you, chose CM and got the book etc! The website for aat is slightly confusing - the notes do state two parts - one being an assessment for an hour and the second section a two hour online case study! When I spoke with aat one person said its incorrect it is in fact an exam and then another person working for aat said it depends when studies started - as mine were around 2010 I have been told i would have to do a project aswell as an assessment in order for me to complete my aat :; - really wish there could be some clear direction! Let me know how you get on and if you hear anything else other than the above :)

Sarah
  • MissJessRead
    Hi Sarah,

AAT replied and said its the same as all the other exams. I'm on AQ2010, I'm sure you can move and sit the exam I'm sitting. Worth asking :)

I've booked mine for next Thursday and can't get wait to get it done! Just finished reading the book and its pretty straight forward :) Much more than business tax!!

Good luck :)
  • sasperella
    sasperella Registered Posts: 54 Regular contributor ⭐
    Oh good luck!! I thought the same - very straight forward - which is good for AAT I guess:001_smile:

Ill speak with AAT - hopefully I can do the same as already half way through!!
    Be good to know how you get on :)
Privacy Policy