AAT Certificate of Bookkeeping Fast Track

shylaja
shylaja Registered Posts: 3 New contributor 🐸
Hi,

I thought of studying AAT Certificate in Bookkeeping Fast Track.Is this AAT approved and is this equivalent to AAT Level 2 Certificate in Accounting. How about the job opportunities if I study AAT Certificate in Bookkeeping? Is it possible to join AAT Level 3 directly if i study this AAT Fast Track course.

Thanks in advance,
Shylaja.

Comments

• Carrie Dillerstone
    Carrie Dillerstone Registered Posts: 4 New contributor 🐸
    Hi Shylaja,

Yes, the Bookkeeping qualification is approved by the AAT, they are the awarding body.

The qualification isn't equivalent to the level 2 Certificate in Accounting; however the units you cover in the bookkeeping qualification (Basic Accounting 1 and 2) have been extracted from the level 2 accounting qualification, so the syllabus is the same for these units.

If you study the bookkeeping qualification you can progress onto the Level 3 Diploma course. However if you do this you wouldn't have covered the Computerised Accounting module and this is usually asked for by employers so you might want to think about studying this as a separate course at some point.

If you would like any information on our courses or have any queries please feel free to contact me and I can help - carrie@premiertraining.co.uk
  • zippi
    zippi Registered Posts: 182 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi Shylaja,

A friend of mine did a fast track course on level 1,2 and 3 last year from Metropolitan College in Birmingham. It wasn't book keeping course though! She actually did aat level 1,2 and 3 and got up to the same level as I did. I did my book keeping course with adult education level 1 and 2 few years ago but when went to enrol at the college they asked me to enrol at level 2 and I am glad I did because the book keeping course I did only covered very basics.

It probably doesn't answer your question but will give you a general idea.
  • Carrie Dillerstone
    Carrie Dillerstone Registered Posts: 4 New contributor 🐸
    Hi Shylaja,

Yes, the Bookkeeping qualification is approved by the AAT, they are the awarding body.

The qualification isn't equivalent to the level 2 Certificate in Accounting; however the units you cover in the bookkeeping qualification (Basic Accounting 1 and 2) have been extracted from the level 2 accounting qualification, so the syllabus is the same for these units.

If you study the bookkeeping qualification you can progress onto the Level 3 Diploma course. However if you do this you wouldn't have covered the Computerised Accounting module and this is usually asked for by employers so you might want to think about studying this as a separate course at some point.

If you would like any information on our courses or have any queries please feel free to contact me and I can help - carrie@premiertraining.co.uk
Privacy Policy