CGT on Property Transfer

CarlS Registered Posts: 1 New contributor ?
Hi, hope someone can help.

I have a client who owns a number of properties and wishes to transfer some to his son either into joint names so that they will both be co-owners and some fully to his sons name.

I've been looking at Hold Over Relief but I'm unsure if this can be claimed. I have also looked at a simple trust but this seems to have a limit to the IHT nil rate band and above this amount would incurr a tax charge of 20%.

Any advise would be appreciated



  • T.C.
    T.C. Registered, Tutor Posts: 1,448
    I would check this with a conveyancing solicitor to confirm all details.
Privacy Policy