equity & shared capital

Options
Kelly7
Kelly7 Registered Posts: 218 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
Hi guys

I haven't even started my level 4 yet but bought a couple of books & have started to read the financial statements one first thinking I might have some idea of this after doing these in ap1 and ap2. I have only got to page 11 but it says the accounting equation is assets - liabilities = equity when I've learnt it equalled capital?

Can anyone help me out with what equity is? There is also a mention of share capital so if anyone can shed any light on this too I would greatly appreciate it.

Not a great start, promise not to flood the forum with too many questions over the next 9 months.

Xxxx

Comments

• sharoneyre
    sharoneyre Registered Posts: 28 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Capital and equity are the same really -equity is things like shares, retained profit, share capital etc
    It will all become clear when you understand how limited companies operate
  • topcat
    topcat Registered Posts: 452
    Options
    Kelly7 wrote: Β»
    Hi guys

I haven't even started my level 4 yet but bought a couple of books & have started to read the financial statements one first thinking I might have some idea of this after doing these in ap1 and ap2. I have only got to page 11 but it says the accounting equation is assets - liabilities = equity when I've learnt it equalled capital?

Can anyone help me out with what equity is? There is also a mention of share capital so if anyone can shed any light on this too I would greatly appreciate it.

Not a great start, promise not to flood the forum with too many questions over the next 9 months.

Xxxx

Kelly thanks for posting this you just helped me suss out another question :001_smile:
  • Kelly7
    Kelly7 Registered Posts: 218 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Ooh I posted this back in September. I ask too many questions lol. x
Privacy Policy