Payroll Software Recommendation

Options
Sue
Sue Registered Posts: 217 Dedicated contributor 🦉
I have a client that is insisting her payroll is run on the 15th and 30th of the month rather than on a fortnighly basis.

I currently use Moneysoft which does not have an option for this. Does anyone know of any software that will allow a twice a month payroll run?

Thanks.

Comments

• Rozzi Rainbow
    Rozzi Rainbow Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I would be surprised if there was any software that will allow this, as as far as I know twice monthly isn't a valid payroll option. I would ring HMRC and ask them if it is an option, if so their PAYE Basic Tools should be able to cope with it (although I believe that can be quite limited in what it does).

Although your client may be insisting her payroll is done like that, if it's not a valid option, she won't be able to! One of our clients just decided to change their payroll from monthly to four-weekly in August, which was a nightmare! When I rang our software provider (Sage) for help, they said it is our client's responsibility as an employer to understand (or find out) about the tax weeks/months and how and when payroll can be processed.
  • Sue
    Sue Registered Posts: 217 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Thanks for your reply.

According to Quickbooks they were able to run pay dates as the 15th and 30th, but it would have worked out very expensive as I would have had to buy their accounting software as well, so I have managed to persuade my client to change to fortnightly.
  • groundy
    groundy Registered Posts: 495 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    IRIS Payroll. And twice monthly/fortnightly payroll is a viable option
  • Rozzi Rainbow
    Rozzi Rainbow Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I stand corrected in that case then. I'm quite surprised at that, I've never come across it before. You learn something new everyday!
Privacy Policy