Not sure anyone will know this but...

Options
Kelly7
Kelly7 Registered Posts: 218 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
I was wondering if anyone knew how the practice assessments marked the writing part of the test? Also, in the actual exams, does anyone know how heavily marked the writing sections are? There are a few questions I've come across where I'm not sure what it actually wants (like asking for performance indicators) and I am quite scared I'll lose a lot of marks by not putting enough info in or getting confused by what is required. X

Comments

• SandyHood
    SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
    Options
    I have selected the Budgeting study and assessment guide mainly because one of your other postings relates to Budgeting.
    I think that this https://www.aat.org.uk/study-support/resource/file/21281 is the document to study, and attempts at the sample exams should be made after.
    I am sure that there are a lot of AAT candidates nowadays who "learn to pass" the online exams by using the samples.
    Ultimately the syllabus (as shown in the study guide) is what you should know and understand. Strictly speaking, this is the source document the examiner would use when setting the exam questions. This means one exam question does not have to look like another. So do not be surprised if the sample exams differ from the one you actually sit.

My advice is to master the study guide in terms of your knowledge. When you have, then test yourself by attempting the practice exams.

In response to the written questions on practice exams - they are not marked, so you are marked on only the computer marked tasks.
    One student in one of my classes (who had not even typed a word into the boxes for the human marked tasks) got a pass. I think you only have to get 70% on the computer marked tasks to pass.

If you look at page 8 of the study guide it shows exactly how many marks are awarded for each task. For budgeting there are 20 for task 5 and 20 for task 8 (in other words almost 28% of the overall mark for the exam comes from the human marked tasks).
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • Kelly7
    Options
    Hi Sandy
    Thanks for your advice and help We've had a couple of different teachers for our budgeting so far and no actual budgeting pack, it's all been a bit 'bitty' so this is probably why I have been struggling as I'm not really aware what I need to know other than going over the sheets we've been handed out in class. I've tried clicking on that link and it says Access Denied, should that be available to everyone on the aat site?
    x
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Kelly7 wrote: ยป
    I was wondering if anyone knew how the practice assessments marked the writing part of the test? Also, in the actual exams, does anyone know how heavily marked the writing sections are? There are a few questions I've come across where I'm not sure what it actually wants (like asking for performance indicators) and I am quite scared I'll lose a lot of marks by not putting enough info in or getting confused by what is required. X
    Hello Kelly, I think you will find that the written part of the practice assessments are not marked. I think this is mentioned on the first page/instructions for the practice assessments. JC :o
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Kelly7
    Options
    Hi Jo I've just read the first page of one and it does say that. Shows I should read everything before going ahead. Thank you. Xxxxx
  • PhillipP
    PhillipP Registered Posts: 20 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Thanks for the link to the "Budgeting study and assessment guide" which may come in useful at some time.
Privacy Policy