ICAS proect plan

kaylisha79
kaylisha79 Registered Posts: 24 Dedicated contributor 🦉
hi all,

i am a bit lost with this ICAS project and dont even know where to start, but my question here is Do we have to fill the gap in the sample report planning given and then submit this plan?

Comments

• Lucy_M
    Lucy_M Registered Posts: 136 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Hi,

I loathed starting the project... Do you have the osbourne book as this was really helpful and had a suggested layout that I used. There is a mapping document to be completed but I did this after and added paragraphs or words to my project if something was missing. I didn't complete any sample planning reports or any proformas at all. Good luck with it, it's a fantastic feeling when it's done and my family have mummy back again :)
  • CeeJaySix
    CeeJaySix Registered Posts: 645
    The planning is purely down to how your tutor wants to run things, it's not submitted. I simply put together an Excel workbook with a sheet of strengths, sheet of weaknesses, each broken down by function and identifying the area of weakness (internal control, fraud, sustainability etc).

I don't know if it's of any help, but I found the easiest way to get going was to write the introduction section - that's easy, just regurgitating the key points from the case study. Then I actually did the main appendices - structure chart of the company and finance dept with relationships to other functions, list of strengths by function/area, list of weaknesses the same with brief recommendations. From there you can pick out the area you want to focus on to develop the meat of the project. The hardest part is starting!
  • kaylisha79
    Hi there

Thank you so much for your answers! this is really helpful as i can start seriously this project. I started off on the 15th of December but been distracted and then lost my motivation as i could not understand how i should write my plan, now thx to u guys i can make a quick move as i only got 2 months left to complete it.:thumbup1::001_smile:
  • kaylisha79
    I am so tired of this..I received the feedback on my ICAS Plan and it is no good as my tutor wants me to use the Plan Standard Template as she wants only want to see the plan in 1 document only. How can i do this? When the plan has been download i am not allow to write anything on it.

Please can someone advise me?
  • CeeJaySix
    What & where is this Plan Standard Template?

Why can't you write on it (what error message are you getting)?
  • kaylisha79
    this the ICAS Report Planning Template Blank that we had to downloaded with some others doc. like the mapping sheet. Because it is a pdf doc i can only read and i have few trouble with my laptop so i cant even convert it to a word doc.
  • CeeJaySix
    Kaylisha,

I've never seen one of these, but never mind. There are plenty of free websites you can use to convert PDF files to Word. Try https://www.pdftoword.com/
Privacy Policy