Job interview

dan1983
dan1983 Registered Posts: 33 Epic contributor 🐘
Hi, just want some of your opinions please, I have a job interview on Monday for an accounts assistant role, the company is a recruitment agency who require an assistant to work for them. They state on there website that they wear casual clothing including shorts in the summer. Should I still wear a full suit with a tie, a suit without a tie or just some trousers and a shirt.
I would be very grateful for your opinions.

Thanks

Comments

• SamiH
    SamiH Registered Posts: 179 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Hi Dan,

I would still dress smartly in a full suit for your interview, Dress for the occasion as they say.

Good luck! I hope the interview goes well
  • amurray
    amurray Registered Posts: 304 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I agree with SamiH, full suit, dressing for the occasion! First impressions and all that - Good luck for your job interview on Monday.
    MAAT, AATQB, MICB PM.Dip.
    Completed AAT in March 2020
  • dan1983
    Thanks, I ended up going all suited and booted, but didn't feel that the interview went well. They had over 75 applications, and will be doing second interviews next week, so just have to wait now.
  • amurray
    Hope you qualify for a second interview!
  • dan1983
    I didn't make the second interview due to me not having any experience, don't know why they bothered interviewing me as they knew I didn't have experience. Getting a bit discouraged now as every job I see requires experience, but cant get any because no one will give me a chance. I even wrote to the 5 accountancy practises in my area offering to work for free but didn't even get a reply. It seems impossible to get a foot in the door especially with my background as I am a 30 year old career changer coming from a plumbing background. Thinking I should of done an I.T course instead now.
  • amurray
    Hi Dan,

Am sorry to hear you didn't get a second interview. They probably interviewed you to see how you came across and to learn abit more about what your doing. Although it is very disheartening, keep at it. It took me nearly a year to find my current job. No one would touch me because I had no experience and I also wrote to accountancy firms (Over 30!) and had a few responses but nothing came out of them. I was feeling like you, thinking was this the best choice?...Then eventually a company took me on with no experience and I've built that by being with them.

Have you registered with any agencies within your Town/City? - some great websites online also.
Privacy Policy