Career Advice

Options
Jobijo
Jobijo Registered Posts: 7 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi all
I am new to posting on here but I need some advice please.
I am currently studying AAT level 4 (passed Budgeting, on with Fin Per at the mo).
I am in my 3rd purchase ledger type role. First one I was made redundant, second was a 12 month maternity cover and the third is my current role.
The role I am in is not really pushing me and is not what I would like to continue to do long term. There is no room for progression in my current role. When I have finished my AAT I want to start ACCA. I don’t want to be studying ACCA and on be a PL clerk.
As I do not have management accounts experience so I am really struggling to take the next step forward, all I seem to get put forward for is more PL jobs.
My ideal job would be in an accounts practise, my future ambitions to have my own little practise (long term goal). I know I would have to start as a junior but I cannot seem to find and jobs in a practise and as I don’t have a Uni degree cannot get my foot in the door.

I am really frustrated and I am unsure which way to turn….I really want to have a good career but I don’t know which way to turn.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Jo
Privacy Policy