level 4 - old syllabus vs new?

Options
AATchick
AATchick Registered Posts: 89 Epic contributor 🐘
Hi all, i wonder if any of you can help me please. I studied level 2 and level 3 aat on a part-time course at college, funded by my workplace. I completed level 3 in July 2013. I fell pregnant last year and had my daughter in November 2013 and my boss agreed that I would have time out for my baby and do level 4 via home study when i return to work. As i completed both level 2 and level 3 on the old syllabus, i am just wondering if i need to re-enrol on the new syllabus and would my previous qualifications still count? I am guessing i cannot study level 4 on the old syllabus - and i dont think id want to as i want to study 1 topic at a time and what with my new baby dont want to miss out on her first year so i dont think i would keep in the time limit. So just wondering if anyone could advise about the syllabus options.. Thanks for any advice offered xx

Comments

• AATchick
    Options
    Sorry, meant to say i am on 6 months mat leave and return to work in May x
  • topcat
    topcat Registered Posts: 452
    Options
    Hi AAtchick,

i remember reading your post a while ago

all of the syllabus has changed to the 2013 and i am sure you can not do the old one.

which has core units of

Financial Performance
    Financial Statements
    Preparing and using budgets
    Project assignment

Two optional from :

Business Tax
    Personal Tax
    Credit Control
    Auditing

All of the level 4 exams have a form of written element so you have up to a six week wait for results. so you may have to start studying another topic while waiting for results from the previous (bit of a pain)

hope this helps :001_smile:
  • Nps
    Nps Registered Posts: 782
    Options
    Congratulations! Hope motherhood is treating you well. πŸ˜ƒ
  • Rosierabbit
    Rosierabbit Registered Posts: 17 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I agree unless previous enrolled i think you need to do the new syllabus Rosie x
  • dizzyhorse
    dizzyhorse Registered Posts: 49 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I think the 2010 is marked on 2 sections and you must get over 70 percent in both sections, 2013 the exam is 1-10 and is marked as one section. I think this is correct, anyone know?
  • AATchick
    Options
    Hi Topcat, thanks for your reply :-) I read somewhere that the new syllabus would have 5 optional units as they have now added cash management. I did this in level 3 on the old syllabus and passed therefore do you think i would not have to do it again? X
  • topcat
    topcat Registered Posts: 452
    Options
    AATchick wrote: Β»
    Hi Topcat, thanks for your reply :-) I read somewhere that the new syllabus would have 5 optional units as they have now added cash management. I did this in level 3 on the old syllabus and passed therefore do you think i would not have to do it again? X

No problems , i forgot about cash management i remember being told at the start of the year you still would have to do it but it is a lot more beefed up and in depth . I had the same idea :wink:
  • AATchick
    Options
    Ah man. Well at least i might remember most of it and ive already passed it once so shouldnt be too difficult, hey. As i will be studying from home i might just pick that one as my first exam to ease me back into things... Thanks for all your help and advice. I am apprehensive and nervous about doing it all again and what ill remember but hopefully i will manage it!
  • Jade Hunt
    Jade Hunt Registered Posts: 19 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    Cash Management is one of the optional units…I took it at Level 3 so have picked other options rather than doing it again! Learn something new :)
  • MWAUGH1983
    MWAUGH1983 Registered Posts: 420 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    Yeah cash mgt would have to be done again mainly due to the written element its a different exam. If you are going to start wilst on mat leave you can do it on a unit by unit basis - if buying in one go you will save money or employer will. If doing whole level I would start with budgeting and credit management (an option if doing it). Maybe look at project at same time or afterwards - this is half the level and basically a good start! Hope all works out! :) Martin
  • AATchick
    Options
    Thanks Martin! I will follow your advice :-) x
Privacy Policy