Looking to do Sage Course what the difference ?

Options
George Tse
George Tse Registered Posts: 241 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Hi all

Looking to take a sage course to increase my chances of full time employment as I have limited work experience just 2 questions for the people that have done this:

1. Where is best to, Kaplan Distance learning or any other suggestions ?
2. Kaplan Financial offers Sage instant accounts certification instead of Sage line 50. Is there a big difference ?

Many Thanks

Comments

• Jade Hunt
    Jade Hunt Registered Posts: 19 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I think that is a good idea, providing it isn't too costly; it is worth keeping in mind that not every company uses Sage though! I have never actually worked for a company who has used sage, the only time I used it was when doing my AAT L2. Perhaps you could look online as to how often the program is updated too, if it is often you may end up with some out of date knowledge…
    Excel is used a lot and is so useful, that is something I would particularly like to learn more about - maybe you could look at something like this too; for a comparison?
    Sorry I can't be of more help! Good luck :)
  • George Tse
    George Tse Registered Posts: 241 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Jade Hunt wrote: »
    I think that is a good idea, providing it isn't too costly; it is worth keeping in mind that not every company uses Sage though! I have never actually worked for a company who has used sage, the only time I used it was when doing my AAT L2. Perhaps you could look online as to how often the program is updated too, if it is often you may end up with some out of date knowledge…
    Excel is used a lot and is so useful, that is something I would particularly like to learn more about - maybe you could look at something like this too; for a comparison?
    Sorry I can't be of more help! Good luck :)

Hi Jade

Thanks for the reply

I have brushed up on my excel skill and working on it as we speak. I know how to do pivot tables & chart and all the IF formula's so that why im thinking of adding Sage to my arsenal :)

• Nps
    Nps Registered Posts: 782
    Options
    Sage do a full range of home study workbooks which include their certification exams in the price. Shop around though as prices vary quite a lot. Sage Instants has 1 level as it is a watered down version of Sage 50, which has 3 levels.
Privacy Policy