HMRC CT600 Corporation Tax "Software"

Options
Henry
Henry Registered Posts: 56 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi All,
I recently took the plunge in the world of practice. I am trying to file a CT600 return for a client but to no avail. The HMRCs software does not recognise my password and keeps giving an error message that either the user ID or the Password does not match. The funny thing is that I can type anything other than my password in the field and won't get the same error message.

Does anyone know of a cost effective solution to submit CT600 returns please?

Many thanks in advance

Comments

• deborahcarpenter
    deborahcarpenter Registered Posts: 161 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Hi Henry
    Silly question I know but are you trying to submit through your agent log in or your clients gateway log in? I cant think of any other obvious reason why you are getting an error message. I submit either through HMRC as an agent or via Sage software.
    Sorry not much help.
    Deborah
  • Henry
    Options
    Hi Deborah,
    I am using my agent log in but it refuses to recognise my password. If you don't mind me asking, do you submit accounts in iXBRL format and if so what do you use to create this format?
    Thanks
    Henry
  • deborahcarpenter
    deborahcarpenter Registered Posts: 161 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Hi Henry,
    Of course i dont mind you asking!! Yes I do submit in iXBRL format and I use Sage taxation.
    Deborah
  • burg
    burg Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,441 mod
    Options
    Assuming you have your username and password correct have you tried deleting temporary internet files and clearing the cache as this may solve the issue. I use Keytime software. They do have a solution that starts from 10 tax returns I believe and all modules integrate to avoid repeat data entry.
    Regards,

Burg
  • stevo5678
    stevo5678 Registered Posts: 325
    Options
    Try taxcalc it's fantastic and cheap Stay away from ftax as it's PDF based which is ancient.
  • Henry
    Options
    Hi Deborah,
    Thanks for getting back to me. I am too early in my practice career to look at Sage though.

@Burg and Stevo5678,
    Thanks for the suggestions. I did eventually got the HMRC's software working. After changing my password within the gateway I was then able to submit my return using the PDF software. I will definitely look at Keytime or taxcalc for future though as the PDF software is too much hassle.
Privacy Policy