Btx-shorr life assets

Hi What does this statement mean because I don't understand it. Does it mean the capital allowance of £250,000? If not what is annual investment allowance?

Comments

• topcat
    topcat Registered Posts: 452
    'annual investment allowance should be allocated against additions in the special rate and general pool before it is allocated against a short life asset'
  • topcat
    Oh hang on just realised aia is annual investment income! Haha But I thought you could choose if it is allocated against general pool or short life asset pool? Meaning the above still doesn't really make sense..
  • topcat
    'aia is available against short life assets and the business can choose the expenditure against which the aia is matched'
  • Clintm15
    Clintm15 Registered Posts: 248 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    The rules regarding short life assets may have changed but for me it was assets with an expected life of less than 8 years. They have their own pool and the balance can be written off if the asset is sold.
    AAT
    Level 2 - 2011
    Level 3 - 2012
    Level 4 - 2013

ACCA
    F4 - Corporate Law - Dec 2015 (passed)
    F5 - Performance Management - Dec 2014 (passed)
    F6 - Taxation - Dec 2013 (passed)
    F7 - Financial Reporting - Jun 2014 (passed)
    F8 - Audit & Assurance - Dec 2015 (passed)
    F9 - Financial Management - Jun 2015 (passed)
  • topcat
    Clintm15 wrote: »
    The rules regarding short life assets may have changed but for me it was assets with an expected life of less than 8 years. They have their own pool and the balance can be written off if the asset is sold.

Thank you that makes sense now just fancy wording
Privacy Policy