Btx-shorr life assets

topcattopcat Trusted RegularPosts: 452Registered
Hi What does this statement mean because I don't understand it. Does it mean the capital allowance of £250,000? If not what is annual investment allowance?

Comments

• topcattopcat Trusted Regular Posts: 452Registered
    'annual investment allowance should be allocated against additions in the special rate and general pool before it is allocated against a short life asset'
    Oh hang on just realised aia is annual investment income! Haha But I thought you could choose if it is allocated against general pool or short life asset pool? Meaning the above still doesn't really make sense..
    'aia is available against short life assets and the business can choose the expenditure against which the aia is matched'
  • Clintm15Clintm15 Well-Known FarehamPosts: 247Registered
    The rules regarding short life assets may have changed but for me it was assets with an expected life of less than 8 years. They have their own pool and the balance can be written off if the asset is sold.
    AAT
    Level 2 - 2011
    Level 3 - 2012
    Level 4 - 2013

ACCA
    F4 - Corporate Law - Dec 2015 (passed)
    F5 - Performance Management - Dec 2014 (passed)
    F6 - Taxation - Dec 2013 (passed)
    F7 - Financial Reporting - Jun 2014 (passed)
    F8 - Audit & Assurance - Dec 2015 (passed)
    F9 - Financial Management - Jun 2015 (passed)
    Clintm15 wrote: »
    The rules regarding short life assets may have changed but for me it was assets with an expected life of less than 8 years. They have their own pool and the balance can be written off if the asset is sold.

Thank you that makes sense now just fancy wording