Why does the answer to this question assume the return is done elecronic?

Options
eGewX.jpg

They dont seem to specify if electronic or paper in the question but then the answer is solidly based on the returns being electronic. Is there a rule i am missing?

thanks

Comments

• Nps
    Nps Registered Posts: 782
    Options
    I can't see the link so no idea what the subject is, but I seem to recall that some returns went from paper, to electronic but with an interim period where both were acceptable, or where existing businesses could use paper returns for a bit longer whereas new businesses had to go straight to electronic returns. Would that answer your query?
  • topcat
    topcat Registered Posts: 452
    Options
    Nps wrote: »
    I can't see the link so no idea what the subject is, but I seem to recall that some returns went from paper, to electronic but with an interim period where both were acceptable, or where existing businesses could use paper returns for a bit longer whereas new businesses had to go straight to electronic returns. Would that answer your query?

Hi NPS,

i have fixed the link :)

i think i remember reading companies have to file there returns electronically only and individuals have a choice that is why i am bit puzzled ..
  • MarieNoelle
    MarieNoelle Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,368
    Options
    The question is about late filing penalties. No late filing penalty arises for late filing of a paper return in October as HMRC will assume an electronic return may still be submitted on time. So late filing penalties kick in if the return isn't filed by the 31st January.
    Does this answer your question?
  • topcat
    topcat Registered Posts: 452
    Options
    The question is about late filing penalties. No late filing penalty arises for late filing of a paper return in October as HMRC will assume an electronic return may still be submitted on time. So late filing penalties kick in if the return isn't filed by the 31st January.
    Does this answer your question?

Hi Marie,

Ah!!! Brilliant thank you very much indeed :thumbup1:
Privacy Policy