Which software TaxCalc or BTCSoftware

mc25
mc25 Registered Posts: 232 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Hi all, its a while since I have been on the forum. We are looking at switching the software we are currently using and I was looking at either moving to Taxcal or BTCSoftware for accounts production and Tax returns. For those who are using these 2 softwares what are your views. I am looking at something which will save us time and is reliable. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• mc25
    mc25 Registered Posts: 232 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Thanks WHA I will check Taxfiler out, and maybe request a demo. Do you know if it has practice management build in to it?
  • stevo5678
    stevo5678 Registered Posts: 325
    Taxcalc all day long for me.

Having an Iris background I have high standards but cannot sing Taxcalc's praises high enough.

BTC I personally thought was crap and I imagine most people who have used Iris or similar products would feel this way.

Avoid Ftax like the plague.
  • stevo5678
    stevo5678 Registered Posts: 325
    I previously used VT for accounts which was fine as a cheap option but craved the integration I had from Iris. Taxcalc ticks that box as its accounts software is almost a carbon copy of Iris.

The support from Taxcalc is also great. I've just moved to a network version and they done everything for free!!
Privacy Policy