Being qualified is more stressful than learning!
Hi all, I'm looking for advice and a bit of a push in the right direction. Just qualified and got MAAT status which is great so im wanting to carry on and get my acca/cima but also find a job which would complement these and help reinforce what I'm learning. I went to a recruitment consultant last night and they told me that despite being qualified I am not well rounded enough to get something like that (I've spent 3 years working in PL, SL and treasury for a large company with odd bits of vat return and regular monthly reconciliation tasks). I'm feeling massively deflated and am worried that I'm effectively going to have to start again with regards to experience. Part of me feels cynical and that he was trying to push me towards an entry level job that he said himself other people kept turning down but I could do with some unbiased opinions on whether my limited experience is going to be a huge problem finding a job that fits with further education or if Im just going to have to suck it up and take the entry level job to become more rounded or any other suggestions on how to broaden my experience. Apologies for the rant, I was just hoping things would get better after MAAT but I'm more confused than ever! Replies would be greatly appreciated!
- All Categories
- 1.2K Books to buy and sell
- 2.3K General discussion
- 18.9K For AAT students
- 248 NEW! Qualifications 2022
- 138 General Qualifications 2022 discussion
- 8 AAT Level 2 Certificate in Accounting
- 33 AAT Level 3 Diploma in Accounting
- 59 AAT Level 4 Diploma in Professional Accounting
- 8.9K For accounting professionals
- 23 coronavirus (Covid-19)
- 274 VAT
- 92 Software
- 274 Tax
- 136 Bookkeeping
- 7.3K General accounting discussion
- 193 AAT member discussion (AATQB, MAAT, FMAAT and AAT Licensed Accountants and Bookkeepers)
- 3.8K For everyone
- 39 AAT news and announcements
- 352 Feedback for AAT
- 2.8K Chat and off-topic discussion
- 589 Job postings
- 17 Who can benefit from AAT?
- 36 Where can AAT take me?
- 44 Getting started with AAT
- 26 Finding an AAT training provider
- 48 Distance learning and other ways to study AAT
- 25 Apprenticeships
- 65 AAT membership