AAT Private tutors??? - ICAS

Pearce161
Pearce161 Registered Posts: 57 Epic contributor 🐘
Hi, does anyone know if there is a such a thing as private tutors for AAT?
I have written my ICAS report but my tutor has gone on holiday for the summer and now I have no one to review it before I submit it. Deadline for submission is next week.
I'm awaiting 2 exam results which i feel fairly confident about so only need this to pass but we have had no direction or help from college just told to write it and hand it in to our tutor, now the tutor has done off on holiday I cant get anyone to review it. I've been searching around trying to get hold of other tutors at the college for two weeks and now i'm desperate.

Are there private tutors who can review it for a fee?

Comments

• coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor 🐘
    Unfortunately it doesn't work like that. The college that has entered you has to be the one to review it. You can get someone else to review it and they could be an AAT tutor who reviews ICAS reports all the time but their idea of what the report should look like and what your own tutor thinks it should look like will be different so you might find your own tutor not agreeing with it. If I were you I'd be complaining to the college and asking why they set a deadline that falls within the holiday period when they have no one available to review it. On the other hand if it was scheduled 6 months ago and you've only just started it then that's a different matter.
  • sdv
    sdv Registered Posts: 585 Epic contributor 🐘
    Hi, does anyone know if there is a such a thing as private tutors for AAT?
    I have written my ICAS report but my tutor has gone on holiday for the summer and now I have no one to review it before I submit it. Deadline for submission is next week.
    I'm awaiting 2 exam results which i feel fairly confident about so only need this to pass but we have had no direction or help from college just told to write it and hand it in to our tutor, now the tutor has done off on holiday I cant get anyone to review it. I've been searching around trying to get hold of other tutors at the college for two weeks and now i'm desperate.

Are there private tutors who can review it for a fee?
    I have sent you a private message
  • Kelly7
    Kelly7 Registered Posts: 218 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Dm me your email address. X
  • Irfan
    Irfan Registered Posts: 19 New contributor 🐸
    PRIVATE TUTOR AAT/ ACCA / ACCOUNTANCY UNDERGRADUATE/ WITH WORK EXPERIENCE

I am a professional qualified accountant with over 10 years industry experience. Having worked for various top independent accountancy firms throughout my career i decided to setup in practice myself since 2012. I have quantification ranging from BA (Hons) in Accountancy to , AAT (member in practice ) and ACCA.

I have assisted and coached many trainees over the course of my career to date. I stared offering one to one private tuition a few years ago as i was approached and recommended by many of my previous trainees.

I offer tuition in the following areas

1) AAT
    2) ACCA
    3) GCSE Accountancy
    4) University - Undergraduate Accountancy , Fiance etc

I offer a very proactive approach to learning and always offer the tuition to a very high standard.

I also assist with interview techniques, CV writing, and Coursework. ( I have been employing staff in the accountancy profession for over 7 years and i can provide an insight in to what employers really require).

I can assist with particular areas of study that students require or draw up a study plan to assist you through year learning to fall in line with your curriculum.

I offer tuition from my office in the Jewelery Quarter (Hockley) Birmingham and also do travel.

As i also run my own accountancy practice i offer real working experience to assist you either reach full membership or to gain experience while studying. This can range from a one day a week to one day a month depending on what you are studying. This is only available once you have taken a certain set of hours tuition from me.

I do also offer a tailored full work experience package to help those looking to train or looking for experience to sign off for full membership. The costs of this can be discussed. Please get in touch if you re interested.

Costs per hour will range between Β£20- Β£30 Per hour depending on your level of study.
  • Pearce161
    Pearce161 Registered Posts: 57 Epic contributor 🐘
    Thanks for the responses...I found someone on the AAT facebook page to give it a quick review in the end.....submitted it 20th August, tutor resigned two days later and the college have still not marked it...got all my exam results through and passed, just stuck waiting for this marking now. Total nightmare, tutor was that I bad home studied after first two exams and now just stuck in limbo till they mark my report!
  • Chris2far
    Chris2far Registered Posts: 1
    My problem is almost the same, Useless teacher barely helping me, disappearing from lessons and even started the project months before giving us the hand out, simply so that he doesn't ruin his summer holidays helping students.... who the hell gets a six week holiday anyway?
Privacy Policy