Home For accounting professionals General accounting discussion
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

Share Holdings

MoobagMoobag Feels At HomeRegistered Posts: 59
I have a client where there were originally 3 shareholders/Directors. 1 of the directors has now left and given up his shareholding in the company. This now has created the problem that they haven't got equal shareholdings. They have asked me to increase the shareholding to 4 so that it is equal I am just unsure of how to do this. I have looked on companies house and can't see it for looking. Any help greatly appreciated.




  • peamanpeaman Well-Known Registered Posts: 123
    I haven't increased shares in years (before online filing), see link which explains everything you need to do - http://www.jonathanlea.net/2014/how-to-allot-and-issue-new-shares-in-a-uk-limited-company/
  • Rozzi RainbowRozzi Rainbow Trusted Regular Registered Posts: 465
    I'm no expert at this but think you need to complete Companies House form SH01 Return of Allotment of Shares.
  • burgburg Experienced Mentor GloucesterModerator, FMAAT, AAT Licensed Accountant Posts: 1,441
    What happened to the share from the shareholder who left? Did one of the other shareholders buy it? Or did the Company buy it back? If the Company bought it back then the shareholding is now a total of 2 shares (1 each so 50-50). If one of the other shareholder bought the share then just issue a new share to make things equal. Keep some minutes and file an SH01 at CH and update on next Annual Return.

Sign In or Register to comment.