Financial Statements Exam - Did Not Balance :(

Options
Kevinpap
Kevinpap Registered Posts: 9 New contributor 🐸
Hi, I am currently waiting the results of my final AAT exam, Financial Statement, and have a few questions for those who have passed already.

1) Did your financial statements balance? I struggled with the first section of the exam and could not balance up the financial statements. Also, does this mean I have 100% failed?

2) When was the earliest you received your results, as I have now been waiting 5 weeks and it's killing me!!!!

Cheers!

Comments

• vodkajules
    vodkajules Registered Posts: 38 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Hi,

I sat FNST in August and got totally stuck on a written question in section 2 and did not answer it fully in a report format as requested, in my feedback i got below requirement for the question but I still passed the exam :smiley: have some faith and hopefully you will have passed

Jules
    AAT Level 2 - completed 2012
    AAT Level 3 - completed 2013
    AAT Level 4: - Completed
    Budgeting - passed April 14
    Financial Performance - passed June 14
    Financial Statements - passed August 14
    Personal Tax - passed October 14
    ICAS project - passed November 14
    Business tax -Passed 14th Jan 15
  • Kevinpap
    Options
    Thank you Jules. However today, after exactly 5 weeks, I have just received results informing me I am Not Yet Competent :(

I have re-booked to sit the exam before year end when the 2010 standards are no longer used, so I guess I have one more shot!!
  • vodkajules
    Options
    Oh thats such a shame, I really struggled with statements and bought BPP, Osbourne and Kaplan revision kits and practiced the questions over and over, good luck on your re-sit :smile:
  • liveprincess
    liveprincess Registered Posts: 214 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Sorry to hear you're not yet competent. Did you get your feedback to see which areas you did not meet the target?
  • Kevinpap
    Options
    Thank you for your comments!

I spoke with the AAT earlier today, as I am not studying through a college, so they will be sending my feed back directly within 5 days.

Another thing which is concerning me though, I have never received any results this early (5 weeks) and I have not received any form of email notification from the AAT. Anybody had anything similar?
  • vodkajules
    Options
    I have just checked and received my personal tax results today, 4 weeks and 6 days!! No email yet, it normally comes through the day after they post the results x
  • Haysah
    Haysah Registered Posts: 80 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Hi sorry to hear of your NYC. I did not completely balance mine but it was a cash flow statement and I know it was only one figure that I put it in and forgot to add it as a negative figure but I passed. I think as always it one of those exams you have to go over the questions again and again and again. You also need to know the key facts for the written parts The study blue app on my phone was a god send for this, thanks to our tutor setting this up. Good luck with the resit.
Privacy Policy