Home For accounting professionals General accounting discussion

Journal Entries for Government small business NI discount

I've recently returned to work following maternity leave and my brain has failed me! I have a query on the journal entries required on Sage for the small business discount of £2,000 for Employer NI, how do I account for this? Thanks in advance


  • Rozzi RainbowRozzi Rainbow Trusted Regular Registered Posts: 465
    DR your PAYE/NICs liability account and CR your Employer NICs expense account (which might be your wages expense account if you don't have a separate account for the Employer NICs).
  • EKSadlerEKSadler Registered Posts: 3
    Thanks, I was having a brain freeze!
Sign In or Register to comment.