Do you need to pass each section to be rated Competent? I'm confused.

I have provisional results from my ACPR today and am found Competent. BUT I am worried this will change on confirmation as, although I 'exceeded' in 5 sections, I proved 'significantly below' in 1 section. Can anyone confirm what is likely to happen?

Comments

• ariadne
    ariadne Registered Posts: 218
    The pass mark is 70% so I'm sure that one wrong section isnt going to take away your competent, especially if you exceeded on the remaining sections. Have a check on MYAAT for your result, it shouldn't change. I would like to know more about the weighting as a 70% pass mark makes me think that this is across the whole paper and therefore each section has a different number of marks available. The one section you did less well in may have been a section with less marks anyway. I'd also like to know whether a large single task is marked as wrong if there is a wrong entry but other answers are correct, like the extended trial balance.

So congratulations on the pass and if you have any tips please share as I am sitting this in just over a week.
  • Diddy Mau
    Diddy Mau Registered Posts: 238 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️

I have provisional results from my ACPR today and am found Competent. BUT I am worried this will change on confirmation as, although I 'exceeded' in 5 sections, I proved 'significantly below' in 1 section. Can anyone confirm what is likely to happen?

You need to get 70% in both sections to pass.
    So if you get 100% in section 1 and only 69% in section 2, unfortunately you would fail.
    I've never known of anyone to have a pass turn into a fail.
    there have been rare exceptions of the other way

So, congrats

• ariadne
    ariadne Registered Posts: 218
    This exam has changed for the 2013 syllabus and there are now only 6 tasks in a single section. The 2010 was two sections with 2 tasks in section one and six in section two. I think all the new exams are in one single set, costs and revenues is ten questions instead of two sets of ten for example. I think this is a good move for those reasons.
Privacy Policy