Advice required on Level 4 studying...

Hi There :)

This is my first time using this so apologies if I have put this in the wrong category etc.

I started AAT in 2012 and completed Level 6 in 2013 with the 2010 standards. I then started Level 8 in 2013 with 2013 standards and have currently passed the following: Budgeting, Financial Statements, Internal Controls and Accounting Systems and Credit Control. I still have Financial Performance and Personal Tax to complete.

I have done resits for both of these twice and still have not passed. As I am not attending college anymore I am finding it extremely difficult to find the help and motivation I need to pass. I would say that one on one tutoring would be best for me to fully benefit from it. Does anyone know of any tutors in the Edinburgh area who can offer help & advice?

I would also appreciate some advice and encouragement as I am struggling to decide whether I should just give up completely and leave the two units Not Yet Competent or continue to study? :neutral_face:

Comments

• StuartW
    StuartW Registered Posts: 472 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi @RachaelMoffat22,

Sorry to hear about your difficulties with Financial Performance and Personal Tax.

I can offer a couple of tips:

- Last year AAT created a Level 4 (Level 8 in Scotland) support pack, including a support guide, tips from fellow students and assessment feedback reports from assessors. If you have a MyAAT account you can access all this for free.

- Have you searched these forums for relevant discussions? There are several years' worth of discussions in the archives and you may find that the elements you have difficulty with have been addressed previously.

It would be a shame to give up after coming this far, but I can appreciate your frustration. There are lots of people here who have been in a similar position to you and come through it, so hopefully you'll receive some encouragement from them!

Stuart
  • RachaelMoffat22
    RachaelMoffat22 Registered Posts: 3
    Hi Stuart

Thank you for your reply.

Yes I have had a look today at the Support Pack and printed off the Study and Assessment Guide so hopefully that can give me some help.

I have had a look at the forum previously regarding questions I was finding difficult but I could do this again to see if I can find anything else.

Yes it is very frustrating - however I do feel that if I don't complete it, it will have been a waste of time!

Thanks again for your reply - it is appreciated :)

Rachael
Privacy Policy