hawke42hawke42 Just JoinedPosts: 4Registered
Could someone help me please does a new revaluation reserve have to be entered anywhere on the Reconciliation of profit or the statement of cash flows


  • stevefstevef Well-Known CarmarthenPosts: 258Registered
    Normally the accounting entries for an upward revaluation is debit PPE and credit Revaluation Reserve, all in the balance sheet and no cash flow involved. But be careful, when revaluing accumulated depreciation and impairment being carried in the balance sheet is to be eliminated.

    Also - if the revaluation is the reversal of a past impairment of the same asset which had been charged to the"provision of service" in the I and E account (or what ever you call that account), then the gain, or part of the gain up to the impairment previously charged, is credited to "provision of service", net of depreciation if the impairment had not been charged.
  • hawke42hawke42 Just Joined Posts: 4Registered
    If its a new entry on balance sheet does this mean I don't have to worry about it. Only put amount on statement of changes in equity.
  • stevefstevef Well-Known CarmarthenPosts: 258Registered
    If its the first revaluation - yes. But its worth ensuring that accumulated depreciation has been properly eliminated (as this will impact on future depreciation calculations) and records have to be kept of revaluations for each asset so that any future revaluations and impairments can be properly accounted for.
Sign In or Register to comment.