financial statement help !!

Options
Did anyone for their real exam had to work out depreciation ( straight line or reducing balance method) or was it already given ?

Comments

• wabisabi
    wabisabi Registered Posts: 130 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    I seem to remember having a short question on depreciation when I sat it in December, but it's all a blurry memory now. I remember being pleasantly surprised at the time as it was quite easy.
  • abd-ellahi
    abd-ellahi Registered Posts: 12
    Options
    Was that in the written element of the exam or the calculation section? If you remember that is.
  • wabisabi
    Options
    It was just one of the shorter questions, and I was so surprised it came up I thought there might be a trick to it! I just did it and moved on - I was really pushed for time for this exam. I don't remember it coming up in any of the bigger numerical questions, but I think it could.
  • abd-ellahi
    Options
    Thank you so much i really appreciate it. :) have you completed your level 4?
  • wabisabi
    Options
    No, still got a long way to go! I started with FSTM in December and have FPFM this Saturday. Fingers crossed!
  • abd-ellahi
    Options
    I've done financial performance before. Do you understand:

Calculations ...
    - work out standard cost ?
    - Direct material price and usage ?
    - Direct labour efficiency and price ?
    - OAR ?
    - Fixed overhead expenditure, capacity, volume ?
    - know your ratios e.g. gross profit ...return on net asset?
    - target profit of fixed production cost per unit, total production and fixed production cost?

- profit achieved ?
    - Profit margin?
    - mark up?
    Written elements

Are like the online ones but you have worked write about some figures that have not got any adverse or favourable sign and work out what it would be ? E.g. direct material is £5600 you have to write about why would it be adverse or favourable and also if the company bought a new machine how would. That impact on the materials and labour and fixed overheads etc
    that's all I remember go through the online papers thoroughly please :)
    Hope this helps
  • abd-ellahi
    Options
    And also remember how to do high low method :)
Privacy Policy