Can I still take my last level 2 aat exam I missed even if it was 2 years ago?

Hi could some one please tell me if I'm still able to take my last exam (computerised accounts) for my level 2 even if it was 2 years ago. I did not end up doing it as I just gave birth so never sat the exam. I did try to get intouch with my college to try and sit it but they never got back to me so gave up in the end. However I fill ready to go back to do my level 3 now and was just wondering if I could do my level 3 and fit in the exam I missed or would I have to restart all over again? Thanks in advance mickie

Comments

• ChristianB
    ChristianB Registered Posts: 197 Epic contributor 🐘
    edited May 2015
    Hi @mickie03woo

A few things have changed with our qualification since you were last studying. We upgraded our standards and it's possible that you've lost some units that you previously passed. It depends on your circumstances. I'd advise that you contact membership support as soon as possible and have a quick chat with our team to ascertain where you stand. Their number is 020 3735 2468.

Incidentally, you do not have to pass Level 2 to start Level 3. If you felt up to it, you could disregard your remaining Level 2 unit all together. We have an online tool that you can use to find out which part of the AAT qualification you should start at. It would be worthwhile to try it out!

Regards

I have now left AAT. If you require any assistance with the forums, please contact membership support: https://www.aat.org.uk/contact-us
  • louise d
    louise d Registered Posts: 10 New contributor 🐸
    Your post completely confused me at first, just because I could have written it myself, I am in EXACTLY the same situation!

What was Basic Accounting 1 and 2, you will still have credit for, but not Basic Costing or Working Effectively in Accounting and Finance.

I rang AAT last week, and as what was BA 1 and 2 (now Processing Bookkeeping Transactions and Control Accounts, Journals and the Banking System) make up the Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping, as well as being part of the Level 2 Certificate in Accounting I (and you) effectively already have this qualification - all you have to do is log in to MyAAT and click on 'register for an additional qualification' then choose 'Level 2 certificate in Bookkeeping' - in a day or two you'll get an email saying you will get a certificate within the next 30 days. That way, you still get some credit for what you've already done.

There were options to get your training provider to give you credit for the other 2, but they were going to be more expensive than doing them again under the new qualification.

What I have decided to do next is study the Level 2 Computerised Accounting, as it also has a certificate in its own right, and I think it is important, then go directly on to Level 3. If it seems like that is going to take ages (I've just had baby no 3 last week, which is why I am all motivated again, don't want to go back to the same job after maternity leave!) and I can afford it, I might do the 2 'missing bits' of Level 2, but maybe not.

Hope that helps a bit!
Privacy Policy