Level 3 compared with 2

Hello,
I am looking for some honest opinion on how big a jump it is from level 2 to level 3 both time wise and brainpower wise! I work full time and have a little one so sometimes time and energy are big factors plus I'd have to do this home study.
I'm wondering whether to go for it straight away after level 2 or wait until my home circumstances are a bit easier.
Thanks
:)

Comments

• AngelDust
    AngelDust Registered Posts: 30
    Hi @charbarcrazy I recently posted a link here http://forums.aat.org.uk/discussion/441226/anyone-else-struggling-with-level-3#latest with a similar theme.

I'm in a similar position to you in that I've recently started Level 3 on completion of Level 2. I'm only a couple of weeks into the first Unit of L3 (Accounts Prep) but I personally found it a big jump. There's a lot more to memorise and understand in comparison to L2. L3 definitely requires more time, brain power and is generally more taxing as there are 6 units (compared to 5 in L2).

On one hand it's good to start L3 straight away after L2 as everything from L2 will still be fresh in your mind. However, there's no rush and waiting until you can physically commit the time is wise.

Good luck
  • ChristianB
    ChristianB Registered Posts: 197 Epic contributor 🐘
    Hi @charbarcrazy

We posted this questions on our Twitter page and you can see some of the responses here.

Thanks
    I have now left AAT. If you require any assistance with the forums, please contact membership support: https://www.aat.org.uk/contact-us
  • charbarcrazy
    charbarcrazy Registered Posts: 7
    Many thanks for the help :)
  • richf
    richf Registered Posts: 86 New contributor 🐸
    edited May 2015
    There is a definite step up to level 3, but it wasn't that bad.
    I'd continue if I were you, maybe taking one module at a time, otherwise you'll loose steam.

How old is your little one? I've found ours has got more time consuming as got older to be honest, he is now 3 years old, and pretty much impossible to study in house when he is awake, even if my wife is there.

The level 4 step up is much more significant due to written answers and amount of information in tests
  • charbarcrazy
    charbarcrazy Registered Posts: 7
    Thanks Rich. Little one is 2, and I already find studying impossible when she is awake so I don't get the books out until 7ish which gets pretty late to keep the brain active! Think I'll investigate the options and make a decision :)
Privacy Policy