ISYS submission help

kkellykkelly Feels At HomePosts: 51Registered
Hi All,
I'm on ISYS...help!! I have an introduction section which is 2 1/2 pages long and a section on the accounts department which is 1 1/2 pages long...total of 4 pages between them. However my tutor wants me to shorten this to a page. I don't know how to do this unless I put the external regulations and external stakeholders into the appendixes? Is this ok to do or any suggestions on how to do this?
Thank you
Kevin

Comments

• CeeJaySixCeeJaySix Well-Known Posts: 645Registered
    Sorry to be blunt - but use less words.

Pick out the main points, and make them more concise. It will feel like you're leaving out detail that you really want to include; but think about the objectives that need covering, and leave only the minimum to ensure they are covered.

Remember AAT is only the equivalent of A-levels/first year University standard. You are not expected to produce a company-defining technical document.

It may also help you to think as if you are writing to a client - they do not want to know the technical ins and outs of their shortcomings (they don't understand your accountancy-speak); they just want to know what they are and how to fix them.

If it makes you feel better, yes you can put this kind of detail into the appendices - like you I didn't like taking it out, and my appendices went on forever. Just make sure they're relevant and properly referenced. Whether or not the marker paid any attention to them...