Distance vs face to face learning

Hi, I'm looking to start the AAT level 3 course which I want to complete as quickly as I can so I can go onto the level 4 - I have book-keeping qualifications and work in finance but I don't have level 2. If I go to face to face sessions or through a college it means the course has to take a certain length of time but if I can study by distance I can take the exams more or less as I'm ready.
My question is, how long realistically could level 3 take me (predominantly studying evenings / weekends / school holidays only) and would you recommend any particular course provider for distance learning?
many thanks

Comments

• RosieCarlisle
    RosieCarlisle Greater ManchesterRegistered Posts: 60
    I put in about 20-25 hours per week for studying (I have a part time job) and it took me 3 months to complete Level 2, and it seems it'll take me about 4 months to complete Level 3. I am trying to get through it quite quickly though, so generally I'd predict about 5-6 months for people studying at home, if they're prepared to really work at it. :)

As for a course provider, I study with eagle and they're really great. Very friendly.
    StuartW
  • Penelopeshaw
    Penelopeshaw Registered Posts: 4
    Thankyou Rosie, can you please advise me the package that you've got with Eagle?

many thanks
  • RosieCarlisle
    RosieCarlisle Greater ManchesterRegistered Posts: 60
    I'm not sure what you mean by package - I basically paid to take level 2 with Eagle, and now I'm paying to take Level 3. If you go to their website, you can see all the details. :)
  • eazy2pass
    eazy2pass Registered Posts: 1
    Distance learning save time & money. You can learn anything at anytime from anywhere.