Instant Messenger (IM) during an AAT exam

Options
Adele69
Adele69 Registered Posts: 320
I had my SPSW L3 exam this Tuesday and fairly sure someone in the room was using IM. Having used googlechat and msn messenger in the past I recognise the pop up sound.

Would this be classed as cheating? or are there any legitimate uses eg English not a first language?

I'm mainly asking this because it was distracting as hell

Comments

• kelsmick
    kelsmick Registered Posts: 89
    Options
    Was there an memeber of staff in the room during the exam? If you had concerns i would of mentioned it on your way out to a staff memeber at the centre who could of investigated it. There could of been a legitimate reason for this. I know where i take mine it isn't just AAT exams that take place, so it may be that they were taking a different exam and was able to have use of that.
    www.essencebookkeeping.co.uk
  • Adele69
    Adele69 Registered Posts: 320
    Options
    Everyone there was sitting the same exam as I didn't see anyone enter I hadn't seen in class. There was an invigilator. I'm fairly sure they aren't employed by the college as this should have been held the week before but wasn't properly arranged.

Most of the candidates finish early and leave (though not as many as during L2 exams), so it is awkward not to also be distracting to those still working and at the time I didn't know how I felt about whether someone was really cheating and if I should say something or was just so addicted to social media that even during an exam they can't resist an opportunity to have a chat with friends.
  • kelsmick
    kelsmick Registered Posts: 89
    Options
    Ah, it might be worth saying then. I guess there is no harm in raising your concerns and someone can look into it. I would of thought if you heard the noises the invigilator would of but perhaps rather than disrupting the exam they would speak the the person after. Even if it was socail media the person should of know better and in the exams i do no mobiles are allowed on so i would think thats the case.
    www.essencebookkeeping.co.uk
Privacy Policy