AAT Conference 2016

Options
Hi all,

I was just looking to gauge opinion on the AAT Conference. When I read about the conference I thought it would be a fantastic conference to attend with plenty of benefits as I embark on my studies (I've just started in September). I went to book onto the course and was shocked that it costs £439! (residential being the only option as I am in Scotland).

Am I alone in thinking this is a bit exorbitant? I do work full-time at the moment but I'm sure there's a lot of students out there who probably aren't. Added to the cost of the courses, is it not a bit much to expect people to fork out this kind of money to attend a conference? Throw in my travel expenses and that would probably pay for another year of my course!

Or am I missing something?!

NB - This is not bullish criticism, I'm just interested on general opinion. Perhaps this is standard? I have no prior experience of paying to attend a conference.

Comments

• kelsmick
    kelsmick Registered Posts: 89
    Options
    I am in the same boat! I am from Scotland also so with the added cost of a flight ticket which is looking around £200 + when you include luggage then you have taxis to and from airport then you have accomodation on top of that - The residential only includes one night and given there are no flights first thing on the 10th i would need to travel and pay from a hotel on the 9th then again on the 11th as there is no flight home in the evening - that again is another £200 + so for me all in all with other expenses the cost would be nearer £1,000 and personally I couldn't justify that sort of expense. Which is a shame as i would really love to attend.
    www.essencebookkeeping.co.uk
Privacy Policy