Home For accounting professionals General accounting discussion
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

Massive CPD tax update Course cost increase!

BonjeanBonjean Just JoinedRegistered Posts: 5
Just went to book our usual two places for the tax update series and found that not only have they gone from £125 to £200 each, but the AAT have taken away the 10% discount for booking more than one place!
So now costing us £400 instead of £225. Surely the costs to the AAT have not almost doubled?
tca

Comments

• phoenixdphoenixd LondonRegistered Posts: 50
    Personally, I think the high cost of these costs puts them out of the reach of the smaller firms, which is a shame. They should be subsidised to accommodate most practices' budgets.
    tca
  • Model500Model500 Settling In Nicely CheshireRegistered Posts: 42
    As a starter practice there is no way I can afford to attend events that are priced more than £100 and even those I have to limit. Nor have I ever been able to afford to attend the main AAT conference. Even when I was employed I was never funded to go to them so in all my years I've never been! I think it is a great shame as I'm sure they are highly beneficial.

I do always check to see what free events are on locally and some of those have been excellent.

However, there are other ways to get this vital information. A monthly subscription to the likes of Ross Martin is a good way round this, regular tax updates which you can digest in your own time.
    MarieNoelleJawztca
  • MarieNoelleMarieNoelle Trusted Regular Hampshire/Surrey borderModerator, MAAT, AAT Licensed Accountant Posts: 1,431
    I was interested in booking the CPD Mastercourse for business and CT in London (September 16).

£400 for the day. Thanks but no thanks.
  • AAT_TeamAAT_Team Administrator Posts: 541
    Hello, the price of our CPD events in 2016 has increased for the first time in four years – but 89% of our events and resources remain free. Members can find out more about this by visiting www.aat.org.uk/eventpricing which includes a fact sheet you can download.
  • BonjeanBonjean Just Joined Registered Posts: 5
    Dear AAT_Team - last year I paid £112.50, this year £200, you might have had a price freeze for 4 years but that is some price hike, are you honestly trying to say that in 4 years your costs have almost doubled?
    I wish I could try that on my clients, I think you will agree I would not be in business for very long!
    MarieNoelle
  • MarieNoelleMarieNoelle Trusted Regular Hampshire/Surrey borderModerator, MAAT, AAT Licensed Accountant Posts: 1,431
    AAT_Team said:

Hello, the price of our CPD events in 2016 has increased for the first time in four years – but 89% of our events and resources remain free. Members can find out more about this by visiting www.aat.org.uk/eventpricing which includes a fact sheet you can download.

I do try and make the most of branch events and reading material published by AAT or other bodies, still it doesn't replace a whole day on a technical subject.

• BonjeanBonjean Just Joined Registered Posts: 5

AAT_Team said:

I do try and make the most of branch events and reading material published by AAT or other bodies, still it doesn't replace a whole day on a technical subject.

I know, its like they doubled the price of salt and vinegar crisps and justified it by saying you can still get smoky bacon at the old price.....