ACCA in UNI

Options
edvyn
edvyn Registered Posts: 3 New contributor 🐸
Hi I'm just about to finish my aat level 4 (I've got my level 2 and 3). And I want to do ACCA in university. But I haven't got a job in accountancy firm yet. But I might get into a job very soon. So is it really essential to be in practise and get registered with ACCA in order to apply for ACCA in universities?? If so how many months prior should I apply then?? Thanks...

Comments

• stevef
    stevef Registered Posts: 258 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    You do not need to work in practice to study or become an ACCA member. When to register with ACCA is linked to when you want start taking exams so the University are the best placed to advise.

When you register with ACCA you become an ACCA student, on passing all the ACCA exams, you become an ACCA affiliiate. To gain membership you have to get three years experience (could be in practice or accounting work in industry or the public sector). You can start building this experience up before you have passed the exams.
  • edvyn
    Options
    So basically I don't necessarily have to have a job when I apply for university right?
  • stevef
    Options
    Right.

But try not to let your qualification level and experience level get too out of sync.
  • edvyn
    Options
    ok. Thank you so much for your help..
  • j1994
    j1994 Registered Posts: 106
    Options
    What is better after level 4 acca or doing uni accounting degree? I want to apply for the top 4 for their graduate schemes but I don't have experience or a levels?
  • Lelouch
    Lelouch Registered Posts: 35
    edited April 2016
    Options
    @j1994 I would say do ACCA. On a professional level an accounting degree will get you a certain number of exemptions, which you should be able to study for in a year and maybe get an accounting job whilst doing so. you will be well ahead if you had gone to Uni.
    On a personal level Uni is great, if you are going full time
  • stevef
    Options
    I would suggest reading up on the"top 4" graduation schemes to see what their requirements are. Sometimes they like to train graduates themselves.
  • j1994
    j1994 Registered Posts: 106
    Options
    Thankyou this is really helpful I was looking at the graduate scheme but they do require a levels which I don't have
Privacy Policy