Can we verify earnings for border agency or home office MIP FMAAT

Doug7Doug7 Settling In NicelyRegistered Posts: 21
Can we verify earnings for border agency or home office MIP FMAAT ?? I have been asked to verify someone is self employed by clients solicitor .Are we qualified to do this I am FMAAT and MIP .
Douglas Cully

Comments

• Doug7Doug7 Settling In Nicely Registered Posts: 21
    GOOD NEWS we now can officially verify earnings /status for Home Office and Border Agency. I emailed AAT support on Sat and have had a positive reply below .

Douglas Cully

Dear Douglas,

Thank you for your email in regards to verifying earnings for border agency or home office.

AAT has been in discussions with the Home Office and our understanding is that revised Immigration Rules to include the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) were laid before Parliament on 19 November 2015 and the updated list of accountancy bodies can be found on this webpage at https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-a-attributes (select the option “open all” and scroll down to paragraph 19(g)).

Your client’s case may have arisen before the 19 November 2015 when the requirements referred to the UK recognised Supervisory Body (as defined in the Companies act 2006). To confirm, AAT is not a UK recognised Supervisory Body.

However, as the Immigration Rules have been updated with effect from 19 November 2015, you should raise the issue with the client’s solicitor to see if in the client’s particular circumstances it would be appropriate for you to undertake the work.

I hope this helps but please do not hesitate and contact us if you have any further queries.

Kind regards,

Viktorija Sinickaite
    Membership Advisor (Progression)
  • PhilHallAATPhilHallAAT Registered, Moderator, Staff Posts: 17
    The Home Office recognises AAT members.

They confirmed that they have changed their guidelines to recognise AAT members earlier this year and the attached correspondence can be included with any submission to confirm applicability.