Holiday Pay

Options
jp213
jp213 Registered Posts: 8
I'm in a middle of calculating someone's holiday pay and I'm a little bit stuck.

My question is, when calculating the average weekly hours, do I only need to include total hours worked and exclude holiday (in hours) taken or do I include it to arrive at average weekly hours?

Comments

• Neillaw
    Neillaw Registered Posts: 307 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    If they have been paid holidays then you would need to treat this as a normal working day or week, if they've taken this as unpaid then I wouldn't include this.
    You may need to check both the employee handbook and what was done last year but for me if they've taken this as paid holiday then it's just another working day as they've been paid for it.
  • jp213
    jp213 Registered Posts: 8
    Options
    Thanks Neil!

So what if instead of taking the holiday off, they worked for that whole week and in addition been paid another 1 day of holiday pay? Does this 1 day HP count's as part of their normal working day ?

• Neillaw
    Neillaw Registered Posts: 307 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Were they suppose to work the whole week or just 4 days, if they've been asked to work the holiday then I would add on the extra days holiday pay as they've really done overtime for that week.
    If they are being paid an extra day for doing the weeks work then no I wouldn't add this on as it's a perk from the company.
Privacy Policy