Work Experience for AAT students

alice132
alice132 Registered Posts: 1
So I know somebody who is doing AAT level 3 and told me about this company that provides work experience in different areas of accounting

What I know of them is that they help people with their CVs, they have an accountant there to help them and most people get jobs. The guy i know got a few interviews and found a job.

This is their website http://tdanda.co.uk/careers It sounds really good but just wanted someone's opinion about it (I am doing level 3)

Help...

Thanks!

Comments

• vmd87
    vmd87 Registered Posts: 4
    Hiya

I was just wondering what happened next? I've just experienced a similar situation. Thanks
  • FirstTab
    FirstTab Registered Posts: 9
    Hello, it sounds like they charge to provide the work experience? Any feedback?
  • vmd87
    I eventually just ignored mine tbh. I wasn't willing to pay any more because when I asked what the training was and if i get a qualification they just said I get trained using the system that they use for doing their clients accounts apparently and the experience was based from home so they would be emailing me the work and I send it back. Sounded ideal for me but rather unsafe/ not very secure. The other company was charging almost £2000 and wanted a £400 deposit almost immediately in order to secure a place.. It was too much for me, and I couldn't find their details on companies house so felt dodgy.
  • FirstTab
    Thanks. I will check them out. It sounds like. you do the work for them and they expect you to pay them for doing their work!

I will report back once I have checked them out.
  • vmd87
    Please do, may have passed out on a decent opportunity there
  • FirstTab
    Hello, I spoke http://tdanda.co.uk/careers . They provide training for a fee. The fees go up to £1000. I cannot recall the period of training (not long). They are half day training days in Canary Wharf.

My opinion is try to get work experience without paying for it. When you do not have job, paying for training cannot be easy.

My gut feeling is this does not sound right.
  • kelove1
    kelove1 Registered Posts: 16 New contributor 🐸
    Hey I know this was posted a while ago but just need some advice on gaining work experience I've done level 2 and 3 aat and have been working for an accountants for 11 years but as a secretary I have done loads of bookkeeping work and some accounts and although I don't do this full time it is something I really want to do but every interview I go for bookkeeping roles they want someone with more experience but how can I get that when they won't give me a chance and my current employer gives me the work but half administration and half bookkeeping not sure what else to do feel like I'm stuck!
Privacy Policy