Is anyone still happy using SAGE 50?

Londina
Londina Registered Posts: 814 Epic contributor 🐘
I've been using SAGE 50 since 2006, so almost 10 years and recently I've been running out of patience with it. Despite several versions, it seems that it still struggle with some basic features and you have to spend time trying to sort it out (and I'm using Professional and Client Manager versions...).

SAGE used to be the favourite software of accountants but looks like it's not the case as more and more accountancy firms are now promoting Xero instead.

what do you think?

Comments

• cjordan422
    cjordan422 Registered Posts: 3
    Hi I've been using sage for 17 years.Use Payroll Bureau, Sage Taxation and Sage 50 accounts. I like you are quickly losing patience with it. Since Christmas every update has caused massive problems on my computers . It is just awful there isn't a day when there isn't a problem, I am seriously looking for another software provider. Any recommendations would be very welcome
  • Londina
    it's just really frustrating! Sage Personal Tax, Accounts Preparation are quite ok, it's SAGE 50 that is becoming awful! in the year 2016 still you can't include the customer PO number in their statement?? or still asking you "Terms Agreed?" when you are creating a new customer, which then when you run the Aged Debtor reports, it shows their invoices in the wrong column anyway? And lots more...
  • Sue
    Sue Registered Posts: 217 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Hi. Yes I am also having issues with Sage. I completed one of their surveys some time ago saying I was not happy and one of the managers rang me and asked why. I explained to him so he asked if someone could ring me to go through all the issues. I said that I had been through that with them before several years ago, he promised that it was all new staff and they would definitely do something this time. They didn't, I have given up on them now, I was tempted to contact the manager to say this, but I have not yet.

One thing that may help you with the "Terms Agreed". Have you gone into the Supplier/Customer defaults under settings and ticked the Terms Agreed box so that when you set up any future Suppliers/Customers terms are automatically agreed?

• Londina
    Sue said:

One thing that may help you with the "Terms Agreed". Have you gone into the Supplier/Customer defaults under settings and ticked the Terms Agreed box so that when you set up any future Suppliers/Customers terms are automatically agreed?

Yes eventually I used that option but make me laugh why is there in the first place, as SAGE cannot keep track of unusual payments terms such a 45-60 days! And I agree with you, during the years I have given my feedback but very little improvement I have seen in their recent versions, for example you can't quickly see a breakdown of NET and VAT amount in the suppliers/customers screens (need to run a report for that), or can't run multiple delivery notes and issue 1 sales invoice, or as just I found out today, can't allocate a department for some customers unless you issue a service invoice!
    What if you sell the same product to different regions, I can't run a Departemental P&L to show that!

And to answer some of basic questions they want to charge you over Β£1K for Sage Cover support, that's ridicolous!

Very bad and shame as I used to be a fan of SAGE, but not anymore

• deepgc
    deepgc Registered Posts: 6
    It's quite a shame actually, Line 50 is possible industry standard for the small businesses but Sage fail drastically in their practice software.

IRIS has got to be the mutt's nuts IMHO
  • burg
    burg Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,441 mod
    I have and still do use Sage in a few circumstances but have not recommended it for probably 5 years as there has been better options about.

I tried Sage One and that is just as bad both the accounts side and the payroll.

Sage are losing the market very quickly and in my opinion have been too slow to react to the cloud solutions and are seriously playing catch up and pretty slowly too.
    Regards,

Burg
  • Londina
    burg said:

Sage are losing the market very quickly and in my opinion have been too slow to react to the cloud solutions and are seriously playing catch up and pretty slowly too.

Cloud solutions are designed to save you time, SAGE 50 instead is for spending time (that's critical if you run a practice!)
Privacy Policy